Combining HD and HDR folders?

Drutt

Combining HD and HDR folders?

Hello fellow Hummy people.

First of all thanks for setting up this new board - As the owner of a one week old HD Fox T2, I'm looking forward to posting all sorts of questions and suggestions! One quick suggestion before I get posting - would it make sense to combine the HDR and HD folders, as the boxes have so much in common (once a usb hard drive is added at least!)

Steve

Re: Combining HD and HDR folders?

I wouldn't have thought so as most people won't have a usb drive attached (though you may find that the distribution of visitors to this site have a different demographic to the general population).

I can't believe that they run the same software so bugs and other problems could confuse people and we'd have to mark each post with which box it was referring to. At the moment we know that all posts in the HDR forum will be relevant if you have an HDR box which will save time for the majority.

Would it be possible to create separate forums for the HD-FOX T2 and HDR-FOX T2 as there are for the Freesat HD and Freesat HDR?

They are different boxes, and run different software, so should have separate forums.

There have been a number of posts where people seem to be getting the two boxes mixed up, and offering advice for the wrong box. This must be confusing for inexperienced users to be given sometimes conflicting advice which may not even be relevant for their box.

There have already been people trying to update their box with the software intended for the other box, then complaining that it will not update.

What do the Moderators and forum members think?

I'm not sure why they were combined in the first place, especially when this is supposedly a forum dedicated to Humax products. You would think that there would be a separate forum for each FOX T2 product.

Perhaps someone should request that the 9150, 9200, & 9300 forums should be combined into one, after all, they are very similar in many ways (more so than the T2 products).:D

I sent an e-mail to Michael this morning asking for a split, unfortunately I do not have this power.

(I see he has not been active since the 17 January, so he may be away)

Thanks for that Keith, we'll see what decision Michael makes as he is the boss and has the final say.:)

I thought that this would have generated a bit more discussion between the members, but perhaps most people don't care one way or the other.:rolleyes:

I agree there should be a separate folder for each box. Otherwise this forum ends up no better than the other, more established forums. I suspect the limited response is because most people dont normally visit the Site/Forum issues section very often.

Thanks for that Keith, we'll see what decision Michael makes as he is the boss and has the final say.:)

I thought that this would have generated a bit more discussion between the members, but perhaps most people don't care one way or the other.:rolleyes:

i think, at the moment, most of us who are posting, have the HDR, so not much of a problem, but has the membership grows, could become one

I agree there should be a separate folder for each box. Otherwise this forum ends up no better than the other, more established forums. I suspect the limited response is because most people dont normally visit the Site/Forum issues section very often.
Yes you could be right about that. I only posted here because it is a site/forum issue, and there was already a discussion about combining HD and HDR folders.

do you have them networked, can you watch saved programmes from the HDR on the HD
Currently, I just have the HDR connected to my network but plan to connect the HD when the TV Portal update is available.
I don't know if it will be possible to watch a programme from one box via the other. I only have the HD channels tuned in, and therefore all of my recordings are HD (or upscaled HD).;)

It would be useful to be able to do that, but would it work with HD content?

not sure (DRM ect), your in a better position than me though, i've a 9200 and hdr. i've tried ethernet on 9200 (CAM, serial,USB,AIR VENTS at the back of the unit. but cable won't fit) if you do try, let us know how you get on

OK, will do that when I get round to connecting my HD-FOX T2 to my network.

Better get back on topic now.:)

Currently, I just have the HDR connected to my network but plan to connect the HD when the TV Portal update is available.
I don't know if it will be possible to watch a programme from one box via the other. I only have the HD channels tuned in, and therefore all of my recordings are HD (or upscaled HD).;)

I think you will find that on the Freeview recorders unlike the Freesat one that all recorded content is currently encrypted. The hdr-fox removes the encryption when transferring SD recordings to a usb device. the hd-fox currently can't do this. The foxsat-hdr is different because only HD recordings are encrypted (BBC1-HD is currently not encrypted anyway) and in any case using non-freesat mode any fta HD channels can be recorded without encryption.

I think that the boxes can only play back recorded content from each other when connected on a network, as iplayer cannot record you may not be able to do what you want, or am I misunderstanding?

I think that the boxes can only play back recorded content from each other when connected on a network, as iplayer cannot record you may not be able to do what you want, or am I misunderstanding?
I was responding to an earlier post about watching recordings from another box via network connection. I don't know if this will be possible with HD recordings due to encryption issues.

Back