Come Dancing

You would be correct in that assumption, at least as far as I'm concerned. I do care that series link keeps getting broken on various series by multiple broadcasters. I've already given up on AR because it doesn't work properly (for me) on the minor channels. Series link usually works without AR, but I have the occasional problems. I think I've said before that some broadcasters (eg Pick) run the series link across multiple series whereas others (eg Great TV) catch me out by using a different SL for different "seasons". I'd tear my hair out but...:D

Are you sure the Come Dancing are from the same series?

Are you sure the Come Dancing are from the same series?
Yes, 1977. Since January we have had the full series from 1979 (7 programmes), the 1974 grand final, and now the 1977 series is a bit odd because we've had programmes 1 & 2, and 3 is on tonight... but next week the final is scheduled (programme 7). It has been suggested that the library might be incomplete, having been recovered from third-party off-air recordings.

So far as CRIDs go, there was no hiccup with the 1979 series. The '74 grand final started a new CRID which included '79 progs 1 & 2, and now another CRID covers 3 & 7.

Last edited:
I do care that series link keeps getting broken on various series by multiple broadcasters. I've already given up on AR because it doesn't work properly (for me) on the minor channels.
I run two HDR Fox T2s, one with AR on and one off. I record most stuff on both boxes, gives me two chances of getting the recordings. Sometimes I record the repeat on the second box, sometimes I do AR on HD and non AR on SD.

On my supported users' boxes (my aunt and my parents have one HDR Fox T2 each), both have AR turned off. They accept with little complaint that the padded recording missed because the broadcaster changed the times, but if AR fails and I explain why they look at me blankly and say "why does it have to be so complicated?".

but if AR fails and I explain why they look at me blankly and say "why does it have to be so complicated?".
That's pretty much what I asserted at the beginning of this "journey":
it is much easier for non-techies to understand that a recording has failed because a programme was broadcast at the wrong time, than to try to explain that a programme broadcast at the right time has failed to record because of a cock-up by the broadcasters.

However, this isn't about AR, it's about series linking.

However, this isn't about AR, it's about series linking.
That's what usually happens. I bring up something :sick: and the topic drifts. Sorry!

With my Humaxes keeping track of the CRIDs is almost impossible, and tedious. The 5000T keeps resetting the view CRID feature every time it crashes (or is it switched off?). Other times the icon indicating a recording is set has gone AWOL. Try setting the recording again and I can't because it's already set but not showing - Argh!

If I remember* I have to check every day to see if an SL recording is in the schedule. Defeats the purpose though. Might be easier to set the individual recordings. But that requires me to remember. (So we're back at *). Is it all part of a plot to make us use the various online players?

I don't suppose anybody cares, but the Beeb broke the series link on Come Dancing.
Even less to care about:
Together TV+1 moved from COM5 to COM6 recently, resulting in the COM5 LCN becoming 790 and the COM6 one 92.
Together TV is on 83.
Part of the DVB Service Information allows a redirect (for receivers that support it), so they can auto re-map.
But someone has got it wrong in that 790's redirect is pointing to the service on 83 rather than 92.

To add more insult, the EPG for 92 now only has items saying "Together TV+1 Has Moved - Please Rescan" and indeed there is a black screen if you tune to it. Rescanning (retuning) will of course do absolutely nothing apart from waste your time.
Perhaps they've decided to keep the COM5 service and ditch the COM6 one. If that's the case then somebody needs to switch the LCNs round again.
Or perhaps not...
Big G's search results come up with "As of 25th January 2023, our Together TV +1 channel on Freeview (channel 92) will broadcast between 5 am - 8 am." (which was news to me, as the EPG implies it runs all day, which it clearly can't) but when you actually go to the linked page there is no mention of +1 or the 92 channel at all. Perhaps it still works on 790 between those hours. Who knows?
One wonders why they bother at all, seeing as any potential viewers have no clue when it's available.

Incompetence rules!

Last edited:
Incompetence rules!
I thought I'd rescanned (my TV, I'm fed up rescanning Humaxes for minor changes and having to re-enter all the schedules) and saw the Together TV+1 problem. Began to think I was loosing my marbles! Glad to see it isn't just me. Something tells me "they" couldn't organise one in a brewery.
Shirley that's yellow with diced carrot..

Are you describing Ballas's dress? ;)
That sort of went over my head as I don't watch Strictly either. Having realised that there is a Shirley Ballas I get the reference.
It wasn't my intention to describe a dress, but I'll take the credit! (In no way can I give fashion criticism with my lack of taste).

saw the Together TV+1 problem. Began to think I was loosing my marbles! Glad to see it isn't just me. Something tells me "they" couldn't organise one in a brewery.
They appear to have fixed the EPG as of 16:27 this afternoon, according to my monitoring. Perhaps they read the forum. :unsure:
They haven't fixed the redirect, so maybe they don't.
Anyway, a quick peruse of tomorrow's schedule between 5 and 8am reveals coming in half way through a Homes Under the Hammer, followed by 2 hours of Teleshopping. I cannot envisage anyone watching this an hour after the event. It still remains to be seen what the actual point any of this is.

. I cannot envisage anyone watching this an hour after the event. It still remains to be seen what the actual point any of this is.
There are various +1 and other 2-3 hour channels that seem to be pointless - LCN hogging? What is the point of CBS Reality and RealityXtra? Who wants to watch Judge Judy at all,. But all day! More LCN hogging?

My strategy for mitigating tinnitus is to have Quest on all night, so I start on Quest+1 and have a daily schedule which switches to Quest at 6am.

I try to banish negative thoughts, and cover up the racket of others, by using the radio or other audio. Problem is, I can't really find anything worth listening to. Do I want news, classical music or rock? Any audio books, drama or comedy I've heard umpteen times before. I could always watch an old film. The Wooden Horse usually sends me to sleep - for an hour.
As there is so much televisual choice overnight I have been known to put Quest on when none of the above works. It's no wonder my remotes fail with all the channel hopping I do. Trying to ignore BSL interpreters on other channels, if the programme itself is interesting, can be amusing. The various overnight shopping scams are not.

I try to banish negative thoughts, and cover up the racket of others, by using the radio or other audio. Problem is, I can't really find anything worth listening to. Do I want news, classical music or rock? Any audio books, drama or comedy I've heard umpteen times before. I could always watch an old film. The Wooden Horse usually sends me to sleep - for an hour.
As there is so much televisual choice overnight I have been known to put Quest on when none of the above works. It's no wonder my remotes fail with all the channel hopping I do. Trying to ignore BSL interpreters on other channels, if the programme itself is interesting, can be amusing. The various overnight shopping scams are not.
Radio 2 used to be perfect for that. Patronising old duffers endlessly playing a very limited playlist of songs from their grandfathers era would have you nodding off in minutes but sadly now they just have patronising middle aged numpties endlessly playing a very limited playlist of songs from their fathers era that raises your blood pressure in minutes.

Back