Comparing HD and Non HD EPG Entries

Ezra Pound

Now that we have a BBC TWO HD channel, I thought it was time to remove the BBC TWO duplicate channel from my favourites list, but the question came up 'Is BBC TWO HD and BBC TWO exactly the same?'. I have not done the same with BBC ONE HD and BBC ONE because there are programs not available on BBC ONE HD like regional news, So here's the question :-

Is there a way to compare all EPG entries for BBC TWO HD and BBC TWO to ensure that they are identical?

(BBC 1 is mostly identical - just the regional news and, for some reason, the super league show!)

Code:
Look North                                                      |  This Is BBC One HD
Look North                                                      |  This Is BBC One HD
Look North                                                      |  Regional News and Weather
Late Kick Off                                                   |  This Is BBC One HD
Look North                                                      |  Regional News and Weather
The One Show                                                    |  This Is BBC One HD
The Super League Show                                           |  Live at the Apollo

I came to the same conclusion, in a less stylish format :-
Code:
epg -S 4165 search '' > 4165.txt
epg -S 17540 search '' > 17540.txt

diff 4165.txt 17540.txt > BBC1-diff.txt

Same example
----------------------------------------------------------
-                    Service ID: 17540
+                    Service ID: 4165
                      Event ID: 53320
                    start_date: 0xdc39 13:00:00 (Tue Mar 26 13:00:00 2013)
                      duration: 0:30:00
                      encrypted: 0
                          Name: BBC News at One
-                          Text: The latest national and international news stories from the BBC News team, followed by weather. [HD] [S]
+                          Text: The latest national and international news stories from the BBC News team, followed by weather. Also in HD. [S]
                  Content Type: News/Current affairs (2)
                    Event CRID: /5A7753
-                  Series CRID: /KR1TJD
+                  Series CRID: /KCI4LM

Different example
-----------------------------------------------------------
-                    Service ID: 17540
-                      Event ID: 51842
+                    Service ID: 4165
+                      Event ID: 53922
                    start_date: 0xdc39 13:30:00 (Tue Mar 26 13:30:00 2013)
                      duration: 0:15:00
                      encrypted: 0
-                          Name: This Is BBC One HD
-                          Text: Please switch over to BBC One for the latest news from your area. Programming will resume on BBC One HD after the
+                          Name: Midlands Today
+                          Text: The latest news, sport and weather for the Midlands. [S]
                  Content Type: News/Current affairs (2)
+                  Series CRID: /KCJQO1

I have though of a reason to keep both BBC TWO HD and BBC TWO in my favourites, I still need to be able to record the non-HD version sometimes as it is easier to handle. There is also the possibility of an on-screen BBC TWO HD logo, although, as yet, one hasn't appeared. I can't see one on BBC ONE HD either, have the BBC scrapped on-screen logos on ONE and TWO?

Some programmes on in the middle of the night on ITV carry sign language on SD but not on HD. Don't know if BBC will follow same route. Unfortunately the prog ID makes no distinction and the Humax often offers to reschedule to a signed airing.

Some programes on in the middle of the night on ITV carry sign language on SD but not on HD. Don't know if BBC will follow same route. Unfortunately the prog ID makes no distinction.

Do the BBC have separate series id/ CRID for signed and unsigned programs in the same series ? I noticed after the program information/synopsis on BBC they have either {S} for subtitles only or {S,SL} for programs with subtitles and sign language but on a signed program on CITV it only had {S} after the synopsis.

Is there a way to differentiate the two types of program in the schedule.

As Ezra says, the BBC (and ITV) uses the same CRIDs except for the BBC Sign Zone screenings now moved to BBC2.

This is the issue with accepting re-sheduling suggestions. The program info showing the tell-tale "[SL]" is not available in that dialogue. "[SL]" is the only way to pick them out. This is particularly a problem on BBC3 & BBC4.

It would be possible to record non-SL only versions using the Remote Scheduler Auto feture e.g. Synopsis = +Countryfile - [S,SL]
EDIT
However although the +Countryfile worked, non of the following stopped 'SL'
-[S,SL]
-"[S,SL]"
-S,SL
-"S,SL"
It has to be a whole word, I am still trying :(

Back