Conflict resolution

This may be a silly question. I'm enjoying the Custom Firmware and have taken to scheduling recordings from my iPad. However it's become clear that the webif EPG does not flag recording conflicts. On checking I find that all three clashing programmes have been accepted onto the schedule. and subsequently one of the recordings (the "lowest priority", whatever that means) just fails with no prior warning.

Can't I set the the webif to flag conflicts like the box itself does?

This is a function that has been hived off to the Remote Scheduler - it has far more sophisticated searching, automatic scheduling, and fault detection (conflicting recordings and failed recordings). Recent iterations are also much faster than using the WebIF EPG.

Obviously the RS takes longer to get a new schedule entry through to the actual schedule, but if you are in a hurry it is better to go for the SUI than the WebIF anyway.

I thought that the webif EPG did highlight conflicts and warn you when trying to schedule something which conflicted with existing recordings.. it may not do that until the recordings make it into the main list though. I'll check and see if it can be improved.

You do get an email to notify you of any conflicts and they are highlighted in pink on the WebIF but I have never seen the pink highlight before I get the email the morning after the day I have scheduled items.

The main cause of conflict I have experienced recently has been where the onscreen epg is slow to fully populate. Not really seen this problem since I had a 9300. I have found that I need to briefly view enough channels to cover all the mixes in order for the epg to populate more quickly.

I have the same problem on both HDRs, so it can't be an isolated issue. I am using cf 2.19 and latest version of webif.

I thought that the webif EPG did highlight conflicts and warn you when trying to schedule something which conflicted with existing recordings.. it may not do that until the recordings make it into the main list though. I'll check and see if it can be improved.

It would be so good if it did this. The box offers alternative solutions - can the webif do that?

If I remember correctly, at the time af123 said he was going to invest the effort in the RS rather than the WebIF EPG. He may have forgotten that, or I could be entirely wrong...

In any case, the RS has more computation available than the WebIF.

The main cause of conflict I have experienced recently has been where the onscreen epg is slow to fully populate. Not really seen this problem since I had a 9300. I have found that I need to briefly view enough channels to cover all the mixes in order for the epg to populate more quickly.

I have the same problem on both HDRs, so it can't be an isolated issue. I am using cf 2.19 and latest version of webif.

You get conflicts with a series recording that varies its time and/or is not on every week, too, eg, Formula 1.

Tonight I had coronation st, terror in Nairobi and 'from Harris with love' (BBC Alba) set to record. Humax displayed the conflict on screen but I did not receive an email even though I have the 'upcoming conflict' flag set. Should this not send me an email or have I got that wrong?

If I remember correctly, at the time af123 said he was going to invest the effort in the RS rather than the WebIF EPG. He may have forgotten that, or I could be entirely wrong...

In any case, the RS has more computation available than the WebIF.

A strange thing I've noticed though is that the rs doesn't see all of my channels on its EPG. webif has them all, but rs refuses to acknowledge Drama and (I think it's called) True Entertainment. This is hardly the end of the world but it's disconcerting. (It's not a Favourites issue; they don't appear in the base list).

You have to enter it in the webif Diagnostics page. Delete "general" from the Run Diagnostic box, then enter "rs/chanpush" and click Run Diagnostic.

Has the RS site seen your box since running rs/chanpush? check the small Red text near the pie chart on the RS site.

Back