Confusing CF upgrade path

britespark

I am very confused on the proper way to upgrade and install your Custom Firmware after reading the wiki and download pages.

My Humax HD_FOX_T2 box has version 1.02.28 installed and I want to install your Custom Firmware but this particular upgrade option no longer appears.

Please can someone advise what software version I should download and install on this box - or is it too late for me to add Custom Firmware from version 1.02.28 now that only these two versions are available for downloading:-

HD_FOX_T2_1.02.20_mod_3.02.zip
HD_FOX_T2_1.02.31_mod_3.02.zip

Or do I need to upgrade from v1.02.28 to the latest Official Humax version 1.03.02 in one step before downloading your version HD_FOX_T2_1.03.02_mod_3.02.zip ?

Would be grateful for clarification before I attempt to start the upgrade process.

Download 1.03.02/ CFW 3.02 from the wiki here, unzip and copy the HDF file to the root of a USB stick (FAT32) and upgrade just like standard update. It is fine to go straight to this version from standard 1.02.28.

clarification before I attempt to start the upgrade process.
As a side comment to MontysEvilTwin clarification on what to do, the reason that this works is that the 3 current versions of the Custom Firmware also incude the standard version as well.

Blach Hole, I'm not sure that the answer to the original question is easily found in that guide. I still can't find the answer in there, nor a link to an answer.

I grant it's not easy to find, but my guide is meant to be a one-stop shop - working through the process step by step - so if the user starts at the beginning and does exactly what it says the job is done.

With the introduction of custom firmware version 3, the installation options are no longer dependent on currently installed standard firmware, or custom firmware (if installed). Installing the custom firmware updates the standard firmware to the stated revision as well as adding the custom firmware.

Or do I need to upgrade from v1.02.28 to the latest Official Humax version 1.03.02 in one step before downloading your version HD_FOX_T2_1.03.02_mod_3.02.zip ?
The short answer to your question is 'NO'. The Humax firmware is included in the CF and will be updated with it.

Many thanks to you all for clarification on the correct procedure.

I can report that I have followed the instructions and that I now have my HD_FOX_T2 updated and with the Custom Firmware installed.

Back