Connecting to PC / Internet

ceebee

I have a Humax FOXSAT-HDR Freesat Recorder which is connected to my PC via ethernet Homeplugs (200Mbps) using electric wall sockets.

I am able to get the BBC iPlayer on my TV via the FOXSAT-HDR.

I was wondering how I could further configure my setup to connect my PC to the TV via the FOXSAT-HDR to view my PC (and hence any internet pages,etc) on the TV screen.

You can't. You can do it the other way round (see the Foxsar-hdr recordings on your PC). See the Custom Firmware thread on AV forums.

I was wondering how I could further configure my setup to connect my PC to the TV via the FOXSAT-HDR to view my PC (and hence any internet pages,etc) on the TV screen.

You can't even do this with the HDR-FOX, even with the custom firmware. What may be confusing you is that when we talk of streaming from the PC, that is the HDR-FOX using the PC as an external source of data, and accessing video files from it - not re-displaying the PC screen itself.

If you have a modern TV chances are there are inputs on it suitable for connecting directly to a video output from the PC. Modern notebooks are frequently fitted with an HDMI port, or a DVI port, or failing that an ordinary VGA output.

Back