Constant crashing.

The Terrahawk

Every-time I put on Channel E4 +1 it crashed. I decided to delete the channel then used E4 but now it crashes when that channel is on. Can you help?

I have the same problem, HDR Fox T2 1.03.12/3.03 crashing every two minutes. I've done a factory reset and it didn't fix it, the box now crashes every two minutes without any channels tuned. I went into maintenance mode and ran a disc fix, which found nothing. I also ran an extended disc check and that found no disc faults.

What do I do next? Are there other diagnostics I can run from maintenance mode which have any chance of resolving this? The box isn't that old, it's a Grade A from Humax Direct bought after the model was discontinued. Ironically this one was a hedge against my much older one dying, which has now been pressed back into service.

I have the same problem, HDR Fox T2 1.03.12/3.03 crashing every two minutes. I've done a factory reset and it didn't fix it, the box now crashes every two minutes without any channels tuned. I went into maintenance mode and ran a disc fix, which found nothing. I also ran an extended disc check and that found no disc faults.

What do I do next? Are there other diagnostics I can run from maintenance mode which have any chance of resolving this? The box isn't that old, it's a Grade A from Humax Direct bought after the model was discontinued. Ironically this one was a hedge against my much older one dying, which has now been pressed back into service.

Have you tried turning off content share ?

Unplug the network. Unplug the disk. Check power supply. Fault finding by substitution (and hope you don't break both boxes).

It would probably be worth trying the "System Flush Update", this worked for me on a box stuck in a crash/reboot loop.

Diagnostics > DLNA Server > Reset DLNA Database

Yes that's fixed it thanks. I was wonderng how the average user would deal with this, but realised a factory reset with hard disc format would fix it. Just with rather drastic side effects.

Yes that's fixed it thanks. I was wonderng how the average user would deal with this, but realised a factory reset with hard disc format would fix it. Just with rather drastic side effects.

I spoke too soon. Once content sharing was re-enabled, after some time it crashed and rebooted again. I assume this means there is a recording somewhere on the disc it can't cope with indexing. Unless anyone has a better thought?

I'll turn content sharing off for now and see how it goes, to check there isn't another problem.

I spoke too soon. Once content sharing was re-enabled, after some time it crashed and rebooted again. I assume this means there is a recording somewhere on the disc it can't cope with indexing. Unless anyone has a better thought?

I'll turn content sharing off for now and see how it goes, to check there isn't another problem.

Normally down to a DLNA software running on something else. BH will be along with the links to the fixes I hope ? Have you installed Twonky on some other kit recently ?

Normally down to a DLNA software running on something else. BH will be along with the links to the fixes I hope ? Have you installed Twonky on some other kit recently ?

I have changed nothing about my computer network here in over 6 months. The only other DLNA software running is Logitech Media Server for my Squeezebox, and that's been running the same version for more than a year. Plus I think my WHS v1 server has windows sharing on (it shows in DLNA server lists) but that has been the same for about 6 years.

In addition my other HDR Fox T2 has content sharing enabled, and it is not crashing at all. It is plugged into the same ethernet switch as the box that is crashing, so can see all the same network services.

In that case it must be something local. I would start by looking at what's been recorded since it wasn't crashing and move it all off to something external. Then it's just a matter of divide and conquer until you find the errant file(s) (and make sure you keep a copy as it might be useful for investigation).

In that case it must be something local. I would start by looking at what's been recorded since it wasn't crashing and move it all off to something external. Then it's just a matter of divide and conquer until you find the errant file(s) (and make sure you keep a copy as it might be useful for investigation).

I've deleted the specific files already that I was watching when this started, and the deleted and auto decrypt copies of them. Anything else will have to wait until after Christmas, and frankly I'll probably just delete the lot since anything else is a lot of faff.

Owen Smith, have you tried the "System Flush Update"?

What specific good is that likely to do now that the problem has been isolated to Content Sharing? I thought that was all about flushing IP tables filtering in the kernel, and I've not set anything up like that.

I've already spent a lot of time on this, and I haven't even set up my recordings again yet. At the moment all I feel like doing is hurling the box through the window, I had plans for today.

Back