Constantly rebooting unit

Barkychoc

Hello, could you just confirm I need a new motherboard from these symptoms please.
I have two hdr-fox t2 units.
From interchanging parts whatever I do I can't seem to be able to stop one unit constantly rebooting. I've also changed the firmware back to standard, it's made no difference. Also changed power supply.
The hard drive just spins up for a short time then reboots. I can't stop it. I was hopeful when it flashed the firmware but alas no.
I accept I've probably lost everything as I have everything on the lounge drive. Yes I know, horse bolted and all that.

Any wisdom appreciated.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Any wisdom appreciated.

What you have not said is whether you tried it without a HDD connected at all. Further info here: Steps for Resolving HDR-FOX Crash/Reboot Issues (click)

Assuming the problem is with the motherboard, any encrypted recordings on the associated drive are now recoverable by two methods:

1. Use another HDR-FOX as the decryption unit by using the custom firmware to reprogram its encryption/decryption key to match the old unit. This renders the encrypted recordings on the old unit's HDD playable/decryptable (but encrypted recordings on its original HDD won't be playable unless the key is restored to original).

2. Use off-line decryption (Windows and Linux) to decrypt the content using a PC.

The necessary key for either of the above can be reconstructed for a dead unit from its serial number and MAC address (which appear on the product label).

Hi, yes I had tried with the hdd disconnected (both power and sata).
I'll look at the serial number and mac, I don't remember seeing them.
I'll be back. Thanks.

Back