Content Share and ftp issues

LegoJames

Hi,

In the past I had content share and ftp options working, have transferred files from the HDR-2000T with no problems and used djmount tool to mount my HDR under Linux.

Today I went to connect (last time was 6 months+ ago) and when i run djmount command the HDR box resets itself about a second later.
I scanned the ports of the ip and can see that only ftp and telnet ports are open despite ftp and content share options both being on.

I can successfully connect using ftp but as soon as I "ls" the shell spends 1-2 minutes thinking about it before finally timing out.

I've tried disabling and enabling, restarting the box and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Rather than restore factory defaults you could try turning the ftp and content share off and then turn them back on. Often works for me when a gremlin gets in the network. Oops! Looking at your posts you might have tried this!
As far as I can tell the Humax 2000T ftp server doesn't accept the passive (PASV) command.
Under Windows ftp the command to list files on the Humax is dir not ls. Can't imagine it's the same for you, but worth a try. The LIST command might work.
When working (ftp and content share) and not connected to, my Humax - when probed - seems to have the following ports open:
Code:
nmap 192.168.1.10

Starting Nmap 6.47 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2019-04-27 19:17 GMT Daylight Time
Nmap scan report for humax (192.168.1.10)
Host is up (0.00s latency).
Not shown: 996 closed ports
PORT      STATE SERVICE
21/tcp    open  ftp
23/tcp    open  telnet
9000/tcp  open  cslistener
50001/tcp open  unknown
MAC Address: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (Humax)

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 11.41 seconds

Back