Content Share ON results in reset

Andrew Hickman

Whenever I turn content share on my box resets within about 10 minutes. Does this with standard firmware and customised firmware. Latest versions of both.

Is this a known issue?
Any thoughts on cause?
Any thoughts on what can be done about it?

Humax is connected to network via power line ethernet adapters.

Any advice welcome...

Thanks,
Andrew

Possibly a corrupt DLNA media database - you could try removing it.
You'll need to disable media sharing, then gain command line access via telnet (customised firmware) then type:
Code:
humax# rm /mnt/hd2/dms_cds.db*

Otherwise it is likely to be a specific file on the disk that it's trying to index which could be tricky to track down but we can help if the reset doesn't solve it.

Thanks for the help. Tried the Telnet reset per above but box still crashed...

Will appreciate any advice on files to track down.

I'd start by turning on humaxtv debugging

Code:
humax# touch /mod/boot/debugtv

and restart the box, then monitor the log while you turn content sharing on:

Code:
humax# tail -f /var/log/humaxtv.log

with any luck you will see the last file it processed before the crash.

I've been having some similar problems with content share. I started noticing that when I tried to play a file over PnP with VLC, sometimes it would work and at others VLC would generate a list of errors and then play the wrong file. In the webif, many files did not show the 'indexed' icon.

I tried deleting the media database, as post 2. After half an hour only a handful of files had been reindexed, so I tried your further suggestions above. Output from 'tail -f /var/log/humaxtv.log' as follows:

[DI_MEDIA_Probe] Error - Fail in P_MEDIA_ProbeOpen
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Whitechapel/Whitechapel_5_6_20120227_2100.ts (I:4/F:6)
Error>> Cannot support video format
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Whitechapel/Whitechapel_6_6_20120305_2100.ts (I:5/F:6)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Kidnap and Ransom (I:6/F:6)
[P_MEDIA_ProbeOpen] Error>> unknown stream format|
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Kidnap and Ransom/Kidnap and Ransom_1_3_20120223.ts (I:6/F:7)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Kidnap and Ransom/Kidnap and Ransom_2_3_20120301.ts (I:6/F:7)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Kidnap and Ransom/Kidnap and Ransom_3_3_20120308.ts (I:6/F:7)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Life's Too Short (I:7/F:7)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Life's Too Short/3_7_Life's_Too_Short.ts (I:7/F:8)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Life's Too Short/7_7_Life's_Too_Short.ts (I:8/F:8)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Life's Too Short/1_7_Life's_Too_Short.ts (I:9/F:8)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Life's Too Short/5_7_Life's_Too_Short.ts (I:10/F:8)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Life's Too Short/4_7_Life's_Too_Short.ts (I:11/F:8)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Life's Too Short/2_7_Life's_Too_Short.ts (I:12/F:8)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Life's Too Short/6_7_Life's_Too_Short.ts (I:13/F:8)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Public Enemies (I:14/F:8)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Public Enemies/1_3_Public_Enemies.ts (I:14/F:9)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Public Enemies/2_3_Public_Enemies.ts (I:14/F:9)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Public Enemies/3_3_Public_Enemies.ts (I:14/F:9)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Inside Men (I:14/F:9)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Inside Men/2_4_Inside_Men.ts (I:14/F:10)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Inside Men/4_4_Inside_Men.ts (I:14/F:10)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Inside Men/1_4_Inside_Men.ts (I:14/F:10)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Inside Men/3_4_Inside_Men.ts (I:14/F:10)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/The Crimson Petal and the White (I:14/F:10)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/The Crimson Petal and the White/3_4_The_Crimson_Petal_and_the_White.ts (I:14/F:11)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/The Crimson Petal and the White/2_4_The_Crimson_Petal_and_the_White.ts (I:14/F:11)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/The Crimson Petal and the White/1_4_The_Crimson_Petal_and_the_White.ts (I:14/F:11)
##### [P_MEDIA_ProbeOpen] DI_MEDIA_MPEG_TYPE_TS_192 #####
Can't use index for the media file
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/The Crimson Petal and the White/4_4_The_Crimson_Petal_and_the_White.ts (I:15/F:11)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/The Night Watch_20110712_2101.ts (I:15/F:11)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/The Mystery of Edwin Drood (I:15/F:11)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/The Mystery of Edwin Drood/2_2_The_Mystery_of_Edwin_Drood.ts (I:15/F:12)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/The Mystery of Edwin Drood/1_2_The_Mystery_of_Edwin_Drood.ts (I:15/F:12)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Hidden (I:15/F:12)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Hidden/2_4_Hidden.ts (I:15/F:13)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Hidden/1_4_Hidden.ts (I:15/F:13)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Hidden/3_4_Hidden.ts (I:15/F:13)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Hidden/4_4_Hidden.ts (I:15/F:13)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Death in Paradise (I:15/F:13)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Death in Paradise/6_8_Death_in_Paradise.ts (I:15/F:14)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Death in Paradise/7_8_Death_in_Paradise.ts (I:15/F:14)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Death in Paradise/3_8_Death_in_Paradise.ts (I:15/F:14)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Death in Paradise/4_8_Death_in_Paradise.ts (I:15/F:14)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Death in Paradise/8_8_Death_in_Paradise.ts (I:15/F:14)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/Death in Paradise/5_8_Death_in_Paradise.ts (I:15/F:14)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/The Hour (I:15/F:14)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/The Hour/5_6_The_Hour.ts (I:15/F:15)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/The Hour/6_6_The_Hour.ts (I:15/F:15)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/The Hour/1_6_The_Hour.ts (I:15/F:15)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/The Hour/4_6_The_Hour.ts (I:15/F:15)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/The Hour/2_6_The_Hour.ts (I:15/F:15)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/UK Drama/The Hour/3_6_The_Hour.ts (I:15/F:15)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries (I:15/F:15)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/My Social Network Stalker_20120220_2203-1329825343.ts (I:15/F:16)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Brave New World with Stephen Hawking (I:15/F:16)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Brave New World with Stephen Hawking/Brave New World.S01E05.ts (I:15/F:17)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Brave New World with Stephen Hawking/Brave New World.S01E02.ts (I:15/F:17)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Brave New World with Stephen Hawking/Brave New World.S01E01.ts (I:15/F:17)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Brave New World with Stephen Hawking/Brave New World.S01E06.ts (I:15/F:17)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Brave New World with Stephen Hawking/Brave New World.S01E03.ts (I:15/F:17)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Brave New World with Stephen Hawking/Brave New World.S01E04.ts (I:15/F:17)
##### [P_MEDIA_ProbeOpen] DI_MEDIA_MPEG_TYPE_TS #####
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Natural World (I:16/F:17)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Natural World/8_14_Queen_of_the_Savannah.ts (I:16/F:18)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Natural World/14_14_The_Last_Grizzly.ts (I:16/F:18)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Natural World/11_14_Zambezi.ts (I:16/F:18)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Natural World/4_14._The_Himalayas.ts (I:16/F:18)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Natural World/9_14_Grizzlies_of_Alaska.ts (I:17/F:18)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Natural World/8_14_Tiger_Dynasty.ts (I:17/F:18)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/In Orbit- How Satellites Rule Our World_20120326_1656.ts (I:17/F:18)
##### [P_MEDIA_ProbeOpen] DI_MEDIA_MPEG_TYPE_TS_192 #####
Can't use index for the media file
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/The Fisherman's Apprentice (I:18/F:18)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/The Fisherman's Apprentice/6_6_The_Fisherman's_Apprentice.ts (I:18/F:19)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Empire (I:18/F:19)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Empire/5_5._Doing_Good.ts (I:18/F:20)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Empire/3_5._Playing_the_Game.ts (I:18/F:20)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Empire/2_5._Making_Ourselves_at_Home.ts (I:18/F:20)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Empire/4_5._Making_a_Fortune.ts (I:18/F:20)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Horizon_ The Hunt for AI_20120403_2101.ts (I:18/F:20)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Modern Spies (I:18/F:20)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Modern Spies/Modern Spies_20120402_2300.ts (I:18/F:21)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Fraud Squad_20120405_2103.ts (I:18/F:21)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Horizon_ Global Weirding_20120327_2100.ts (I:18/F:21)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Documentaries/Sri Lanka's Killing Fields_ War____20120314_2257-1332199407.ts (I:18/F:21)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Other Drama (I:18/F:21)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Other Drama/Band of Brothers (I:18/F:22)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Other Drama/Band of Brothers/band.of.brothers.ep10.mkv (I:18/F:23)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Other Drama/Band of Brothers/band.of.brothers.ep07.mkv (I:19/F:23)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Other Drama/Band of Brothers/band.of.brothers.ep09.mkv (I:20/F:23)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Video/Other Drama/Band of Brothers/band.of.brothers.ep08.mkv (I:21/F:23)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Photo (I:22/F:23)
DB InPut Success =/mnt/hd2/My Music (I:22/F:24)

In most cases, even the files shown as 'DB InPut Success' are not indexed. Any idea where I go from here? Also, do I need to stop the logging at some point?

OK. I'll be delighted if you tell me this is a big coincidence, but I've been struggling with this DLNA indexer all afternoon. Deleted the database multiple times, logged output, turned content share on and off, rebooted the machine. Every time, the same small subset of files got indexed - mostly SD files and those that had been decrypted - but the others stubbornly remained unindexed.

In the end I did the logical thing and removed the only other software I'd installed on the machine recently - redring. Content share off, delete database, reboot, content share on. Everything indexed in seconds.

It is a coincidence, isn't it? Otherwise it seems a bit like my car failing to start because I've changed the detergent in the dishwasher.

Ido I need to stop the logging at some point?

It's quite O.K. to leave the humaxtv.log running, If you want to stop it just enter :-
humax# rm /mod/boot/debugtv
The logging will stop after Humax re-start
The tail is only displayed to the screen, so it isn't a seperate log, To exit the tail enter Ctrl c

OK. I'll be delighted if you tell me this is a big coincidence, but I've been struggling with this DLNA indexer all afternoon. Deleted the database multiple times, logged output, turned content share on and off, rebooted the machine. Every time, the same small subset of files got indexed - mostly SD files and those that had been decrypted - but the others stubbornly remained unindexed.

In the end I did the logical thing and removed the only other software I'd installed on the machine recently - redring. Content share off, delete database, reboot, content share on. Everything indexed in seconds.

It is a coincidence, isn't it? Otherwise it seems a bit like my car failing to start because I've changed the detergent in the dishwasher.
I have had issues with programmes not being indexed, and also have redring installed. So I tried turning content share off, uninstalled redring, rebooted box, then turned content share back on, and like you said, everything indexed within a few seconds.

I have had issues with programmes not being indexed, and also have redring installed. So I tried turning content share off, uninstalled redring, rebooted box, then turned content share back on, and like you said, everything indexed within a few seconds.

Well like Fenlander and Brian i too have had Redring installed, I followed Brian's instructions (thanks Brian), and voila, all my content has also been indexed, which is something of a relief as I didn't want to loose the facility to watch programmes on my laptop!

Looks like Redring doesn't want to allow indexing?

Guys I realise this is a DNLA Indexing issue but I think a link to, or a move to the Redring thread is in order
EDIT
The link is HERE

I didn't get to the log file. I deleted all of my music files on the box (duplicate with a usb hd anyway) - seems the problem file may have been in there. There could have been windows media or itunes files in there...

Don't have redring installed.

Appreciate the help. Thanks.

Back