Content Share, Samba, Twonky etc!

PhilipKS

Morning all, first post but I've found loads of useful stuff here for my humax home networking, so I'll start with a thank you!

I've just installed a WD my cloud NAS with Twonky media server and have run straight into the rebooting problem with twonky v7.x.

If I turn off the twonky DLNA then all is good. I have samba installed on the humax and mount other shared folders. I want to be able to use the NAS DLNA server and mount the NAS drive to pull media back to the Hummy. Therefore the telnet command line work around to get the hummy to ignore the NAS won't solve my problem.

I'm not bothered about using the Humax DLNA server (I find it limited) so if I turn off content share will samba and mount if still allow access to the hummy drive as a windows network share and the hummy to access a mounted network drive?

If not then I fear my cloud will have to float back to amazon...

Thanks all PhilipS

I'm not bothered about using the Humax DLNA server (I find it limited) so if I turn off content share will samba and mount if still allow access to the hummy drive as a windows network share and the hummy to access a mounted network drive?
If you turn off content share this will not affect samba and your drives will mount as normal. Unfortunately, without the Humax DLNA server switched on the automatic decryption feature will not work. The only other way to decrypt recordings involves copying to an external drive (samba share will work as the copy destination) by pressing the 'Opt+' button on the remote control and selecting the 'move/copy' function.

Thanks...I might be able to live with manual copying, as I currently have one decrypt folder which I usually drag and drop with the PC, so selecting a group of files and moving them occasionally with the remote shouldn't be too much hassle.

But...what about auto unprotect, does that also need content share on...?

Thanks

Auto-unprotect does not need the DLNA server to be on, it just removes protections allowing the file to be decrypted by Webif using the DLNA server or manually with Opt+/ copy.

Thanks...think the cloud is going to float home to amazon because of this and a few other quirks with it!

Back