Controlling HDR-Fox T2 using iPad

Hi all, what would you recommend as the best app to use to browse my Humax box from my iPad so I can play video recordings on the TV or, of more interest, radio recordings via my hi-fi (which is already connected up to the Humax)?

I've searched the archives and the web but I can't seem to find a definitive recommendation. I can find info on how to play recordings on the iPad itself, and whilst that would be useful it's more about using my iPad as a controller of all my media sources (I use Sonos for my music).

Many thanks.
PC

If you use the custom firmware, there is a virtual remote control package that allows you to control your Humax from your iPad, PC, or mobile phone.

Many thanks Brian. I've been considering going down that route, but before I do I'm keen to explore the third-party app options first. Presumably it's not as scary as it sounds? ;¬)
PC

Hi all, what would you recommend as the best app to use to browse my Humax box from my iPad so I can play video recordings on the TV or, of more interest, radio recordings via my hi-fi (which is already connected up to the Humax)?

You will not be able to control the Humax from the iPad unless you install the aforementioned custom firmware and IR package, and then it will be somewhat limited unless you can see the TV screen to navigate menus - trying to play back a radio recording using a simulated remote control handset blind is likely to prove tricky.

You will have more success accessing recordings to play on the iPad (even without installing custom firmware), you need a DLNA-capable media player and to turn on "content sharing" on the Humax. There are several existing topics about this, I will list them below when I find them:

http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/how-to-stream-hd-to-an-ipad.2709/
http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/sd-or-hd-onto-an-ipad-via-mac.1369/

For playback on ipad try aceplayer it will work with SD content on my ipad2 (with media sharing set on as noted above).

ipad2 isn't up to doing the hd content even with xbmc it wont do it

Thanks Damian. Watching recordings on my iPad is just part of what I'm looking to do. I also (mainly) want to browse the recordings from the iPad and just play/pause/skip them on the TV or hi-fi (ie effectively using the iPad as a remote control).

Back