Cookery - what classification for Automatic Recording?

makem

My wife enjoys cookery and baking at every opportunity. She would like t watch all of this type of program when she is available.

I cannot see under which category I should use to enable an automatic recording of a cookery/baking series/event such as The Great British Bake Off which is listed as 'Cookery'.

I currently have Film/Drama and Education/Science/Factual set.

Any suggestions?

Your best bet is a search in the Remote Schedule >> Auto screen, with a few keywords like this :-

cook-bake.jpg

The two keywords above found 98 matches

Thanks for that suggestion.

Are the options set or programmed in the CF?

I use DigiGuide and it has quite a long list of categories which make it quite easy to select a suitable one.

Yes it's part of the Custom Firmware, the Remote Schedule package can do a search through your local EPG in it's AUTO section, it can automatically record any keyword matches, but with so many possibilities it would be better get it to E-mail you with suggestions or just do a manual search say once a week

Yes it's part of the Custom Firmware, the Remote Schedule package can do a search through your local EPG in it's AUTO section, it can automatically record any keyword matches, but with so many possibilities it would be better get it to E-mail you with suggestions or just do a manual search say once a week

"it can automatically record any keyword matches"? Really!

I have it set to email me and use the link in the email to record if I want the suggestion. I didn't know it could actually record without intervention. I use DigiGuide to highlight in colour those programs which are interest. The program used to have an ability to record your selections automatically. Not sure if it still does.

The DigiGuide List is:

Adult Entertainment
Animation
Arts
Business & Finance
Chat Show
Childrens
Comedy
Consmer
Cookery
DIY
Documentary
Drama
Education
Entertainment
Fashion
Film
Game Show
Gardening
Health
History Documentary
Kids Drama
Magazine Program
Motoring
Music
Nature
News
Political
Quiz Show
Reality Show
Science Fiction
Scientific Documentary
Series
Sitcom
Soap
Special Interest
Sport
Talk Show
Technology
Travel

I suppose putting a list of that length in CF would be a bit OTT.

Are the options set or programmed in the CF?
No, they are via the Remote Scheduler web site (but of course it requires the rs package on the HDR-FOX to link with the web site). Presumably you already know this to have a Film/Drama search set up.

Having just read your intervening post, email alerts or auto-set recordings are the optional actions when setting up a search.

If you just ask it to email you details of any series that match the list will be shorter, and it will only tell you about each series once (assuming the broadcaster transmits the right information in the EPG). If you see anything you want to record you can just click the link in the email.

You can restrict an automatic search to a particular channel but not currently a set of channels (a possible workaround is to create one search for each channel you're interested in).

Having just read your intervening post, email alerts or auto-set recordings are the optional actions when setting up a search.

The RS >> Auto >> Type options are email and schedule, not email and auto-set

makem : Too many matches unless they could be cut down to BBC and ITV channels only
As far as I know it is not possible to have a range or group of channels, so you would have to set up several searches e.g.

Channel = BBC1 Name = +(cook* bake*)

Channel = ITV1 Name = +(cook* bake*)

The option for a channel range / group has been raised in the past so maybe it will happen in the future

Back