Copy a Recorded Prog from Hard Disc to DVD-RW

G Tyson

Hello,

COPY A RECORDED PROG FROM HARD DISC TO DVD-RW

There are some programmes on my Humax FOXSAT-HDR hard disc that I would like to remove and copy onto a DVD-RW.

My DVD recorder is the LG RHT 498H.

Could you please tell me how to go about this? (I have read some of the answers on previous enquiries, but they seem to be far too complicated for me to understand. Just a simple instruction would do, like this: Switch on DVD recorder > select Record (red Rec) > switch on Humax > etc.)

Thank you,

Geoffrey Tyson

Welcome to the forum Geoffrey, I have changed the title of this thread to something more appropriate than "Geoffrey". Hopefully someone will be able to help you out.

As briefly as possible.

Connect a scart lead from one of the Foxsat-hdr scart sockets to the DVDR. If your DVDR will record RGB use the HDR's TV scart, if it will record s-video then use the vcr scart and change the output to S-video. If neither either scart on the hdr will be fine. The info will be in the DVDR manual. Now you need to tell the DVDR to record from one of it's scart sockets rather than than it's own tuner. Probably a button on the remote marked AV or a little TV with an arrow pointing in. Select the scart socket on the DVDR you have used as the recording input. Set the the HDR to play back the programme and press record on the dvdr.

As briefly as possible.

Connect a scart lead from one of the Foxsat-hdr scart sockets to the DVDR. If your DVDR will record RGB use the HDR's TV scart, if it will record s-video then use the vcr scart and change the output to S-video. If neither either scart on the hdr will be fine. The info will be in the DVDR manual. Now you need to tell the DVDR to record from one of it's scart sockets rather than than it's own tuner. Probably a button on the remote marked AV or a little TV with an arrow pointing in. Select the scart socket on the DVDR you have used as the recording input. Set the the HDR to play back the programme and press record on the dvdr.

Thank you, Graham. I will try that.
Geoffrey

Welcome to the forum Geoffrey, I have changed the title of this thread to something more appropriate than "Geoffrey". Hopefully someone will be able to help you out.
Thank you, Graham. I don't know how that happened - I'm only a beginner!
Geoffrey

Hello,

COPY A RECORDED PROG FROM HARD DISC TO DVD-RW

There are some programmes on my Humax FOXSAT-HDR hard disc that I would like to remove and copy onto a DVD-RW.

My DVD recorder is the LG RHT 498H.

Could you please tell me how to go about this? (I have read some of the answers on previous enquiries, but they seem to be far too complicated for me to understand. Just a simple instruction would do, like this: Switch on DVD recorder > select Record (red Rec) > switch on Humax > etc.)

Thank you,

Geoffrey Tyson
Hi, it's easy i do it all the time. Connect a scart lead from the Humax to the DVD recorder. Then another scart from the recorder to the TV. When the Humax and DVD are turned on press the av button on the DVD recorder until the picture appears. The picture is now coming from the Humax going into the DVD recorder and back to your TV. So now when you press record it will record whatever's on the screen as it's going through the DVD recorder.

Thank you very much! You made it sound so straightforward and easy. The bit that was missing from my handbook was "press AV"! - so the machines were perplexed. And I was going round the bend.

Thanks again.

Sincerely, Geoffrey

Back