Copy not working

fergusfog

I can't seem to get my HD-FOX T2 to copy onto the virtual drive.

I've followed the instructions to install virtual-drive, hmt etc, and have used the "foxy" app method to patch the hmt files and copy them back on (using FTP in IE9), and got as far as the part where you copy the media files onto the virtual drive.

The operation seems to be fine, in that the Hummy says the operation is queued, and the video appears to be in the destination folder from the eyes of the Hummy, but looking through FTP/Samba only the hmt file is ever copied over.

I know they're big files but I've waited a long time.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I guess you are using the virtual drive (set up using the custom firmware) to get decrypted copies of files, If this is the case you don't need to 'Foxy' the files, This is only needed to decrypt files using the standard Humax firmware. You can use auto-unprotect to remove 'ENC' from all files in a named directory or OPT+ Remove ENC in the Web-If 'Brouse Files'. The copy to Virtual-drive will take some time as it is decrypting as well as copying, I've never timed it but I guess a 1 Hour HD movie would take 15-20Mins. You could also OPT+ 'Download' the file directly to your P.C. , This will also decrypt files (don't forget to remove 'ENC' first)

Edit: the following only applies to HDR-FOX. I hadn't spotted the OP is referring to HD-FOX (as has been pointed out since), so must use the HDRmode utility before he can achieve any sort of decryption at all.

You are using outdated methods; sorry if you've picked them up from my ramblings, but the ramblings are there as an introduction and to show how we got where we are from where we were (fumbling about trying to decrypt at all).​
I think we should start from scratch: exactly what do you hope to achieve by copying to virtual? Its original purpose was to enable a decryption using the Standard User Interface copy process (using Foxy to massage the .hmt if it was originally HiDef), without copying to an actual USB drive (slow).​
If you have the custom software installed, then the way to do it now is to have auto-unprotect running (presuming HiDef) to clear ALL the flags (not just Enc), then once Enc has been cleared (showing they have all been cleared) click "Decrypt" in the media browser OPT+ options, or if all you want is a decrypted download to a PC click "Download" (no prior decryption necessary, but you will still need auto-unprotect to have cleared the flags first).​

I can't seem to get my HD-FOX T2 to copy onto the virtual drive.

I've followed the instructions to install virtual-drive, hmt etc, and have used the "foxy" app method to patch the hmt files and copy them back on (using FTP in IE9), and got as far as the part where you copy the media files onto the virtual drive.

The operation seems to be fine, in that the Hummy says the operation is queued, and the video appears to be in the destination folder from the eyes of the Hummy, but looking through FTP/Samba only the hmt file is ever copied over.

I know they're big files but I've waited a long time.

If you are trying to decrypt HD recordings, you will need to run bootHDRmode first on your HD-FOX T2.

Eeek, thanks for all the replies folks.

I am indeed trying to decrypt the videos so I can copy them or watch through Mediatomb.

In fact, the copy did just take a long long time, and when I got back to it it was sitting there and visible in Mediatomb, which I presumed meant it was decrypted... However, after copying it to my PC, Win Media Player just hangs when I open it.

So I'll try the HDR method. I thought the old hmt/copy file thing worked on the HD as well.

Thanks again for the support. Finding it hard to get through some of the Linuxy stuff on this box. :)

Very good glossary BH, thanks. With a Pete 'n Dud reference too.
Still trying to get bootHDRmode to work but just crashes/hangs so far.

Back