Copy problems with new ext drive

Right, I got myself an external drive a 2TB Seagate expansion drive, with its own power supply.
I've got it formatted in exFat but the T2 doesn't seem to want to see it!

Normally when I plug anything in 3 options come up HDD network and USB, but usb is missing

Another problem, is the file I want to cop, has an image of a disc with a Red Cross through it and it won't let me copy it. Can anyone help please?

Right, I got myself an external drive a 2TB Seagate expansion drive, with its own power supply.
I've got it formatted in exFat but the T2 doesn't seem to want to see it!

The native HDR-FOX T2 does not recognise exFAT formatted drives. However, it is possible to add that if you use the custom firmware.
http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Custom_Firmware_Package_Notes#Exfat_Builder

Another problem, is the file I want to cop, has an image of a disc with a Red Cross through it and it won't let me copy it. Can anyone help please?
This means that you have already attempted to copy a recording that is protectively marked to allow you to attempt to copy just the once. You only get one attempt. Humax are obliged to include this limitation so that they can provide the epg with HD channels. They must also make it non-straightforward to get round any such limitations.
If you want to expand the limitations of the HDR-FOX T2 you could consider installing the custom firmware.

Many thanks, sounds like the custom firmware is the way to go, so I'll give it a try tomorrow night.
If I install it, will it remove it for the recordings I currently have that are protected?

You should still be able to decrypt your current recording, the process only works on completed recordings.
You will of course need to turn the unprotect/decrypt options on.

I'm sorry i alreadyhave that link. Does this mean I can't take the restriction off my current recording?
TBH I have never seen the "already copied this once" flag, but if you install custom firmware and the auto-unprotect package all should be well.

Well, with all your help and advice I'm pleased to say I installed the custom software no problems at all ! Some useful packages installed as well including the unprotecting, and all is great, with all my files now available to copy, and pop onto discs!

Many thanks to you all for your help and advice ;)

Back