Copy protected recording- Need to move it off my Humax unit

matt t

Hello all,

I have a TV program recorded that I moved around my HDR 2000T and now can't export off on to a USB. I know about the Raydon Foxy program but my PC isn't networked to my Humax unit (and not had luck in doing so in the past) and wondered what can I do to be able to sort this out please? I'm getting the impression reading threads elsewhere I might need to change my unit's Firmware? :confused:

I'm getting the impression reading threads elsewhere I might need to change my unit's Firmware? :confused:
Where did you read that? You're stuck with the standard Humax firmware on those units.

now can't export off on to a USB
What does that mean? Explain precisely what you tried and what happened.

As far as networking is concerned, your only option is FTP so if you have tried anything else that's why you were unsuccessful.

Thank you,

What I mean is, when I try to move/copy the TV recording onto an external USB stick, I get a message that it can't be copied across to the stick.

What I mean is, when I try to move/copy the TV recording onto an external USB stick, I get a message that it can't be copied across to the stick.
Err. You haven't explained very much!

Please would explain precisely how you are attempting to copy and additionally report whether other recordings copy OK?

What exactly was the wording of the message?
Channel 4 and associated channels often set their recordings to allow copy/archive just the once. If it was one of those and you already used up that life by a failed attempt then the only option is to network into the HDR-2000T and remove the limitation that way.

Ah I see, sorry

actually that's true. It's a Channel 4 recording, other recordings have transferred fine. I plugged a USB stick in to the Hummy and tried to copy/move the programme onto the stick but it was prohibited.
I agree and I've been thinking about this. I need to get my Hummy and PC networked so I can access and change the .hmt file with Foxy.

thank you all.

Thank you all,

Have got the ftp working now. Early days and still learning but I found IE made the connection. I've been using Chrome and it was just not letting me ftp. getting done what I need to do now.

Hello,

I don't know really Black Hole. I get by on what I need to and don't completely understand networking. But managed to save the copyrighted files thanks.

Back