Copy recording over Wifi to Android

LMJ

I have previously used Buzz Player on ios to copy recordings from my player (as well as stream). I have recently got a S3 phone and understand MX Player does a good job of streaming on Android but can anyone please recommend a suitable app to copy files?

Thanks in advance!

I had a look in the market place and there seems to be loads of FTP clients, the first one I tried (AndFTP (your FTP client)) seems to work quite well

Does the OP mean capture the stream rather than just transfer the raw file? An FTP will pull down the file in its encrypted state (if it is not decrypted first), whereas capturing a stream will decrypt it on the fly.

Thanks both. Think I mean capture the stream i.e. so that it is decrypted and ready to play. Buzz Player provided a one stop shop - streamed to my iPhone / iPad and would also copy the file across (both via Wifi) so that I could watch offline and away from home. Unfortunately I have found BP for Android unreliable / unstable. Any ideas?

Thanks Ezra but not sure that will allow me to copy the file to my device for remote / offline playback?

Hi, I've installed the AndFTP ap on my android. It connects to the humax FTP but won't show any folders or videos for me to download. When I use my pc to connect to FTP this isn't a problem. Do you have any idea where I could be going wrong?

Using these settings for AndFTP:-

Hostname : 10.0.0.200 [change this to your Humax IP]
Type : FTP
Port : 21
username : humaxftp
password : 0000
Local Dir : /mnt/storage/ftp
Remote dir : /

When you connect you should get . . . current : / and My music, My Photo, My Video if this is not displayed select [Go Up a Folder]
I'm guessing your problem was not putting '/' in Remote dir

Hi, I've installed the AndFTP ap on my android. It connects to the humax FTP but won't show any folders or videos for me to download. When I use my pc to connect to FTP this isn't a problem. Do you have any idea where I could be going wrong?

As you are new, can I just check what you are trying to achieve? Are you aware, for example, that simply FTPing a recording out of the Humax results in an unplayable encrypted file?

Hi Blackhole, I'm trying to download films on to my phone to watch later. I've installed the custom software so it decrypts automatically. Seems to be working perfectly, even for HD! Thanks

Back