Copy Recordings from Foxsat HDR to HDR FoxT2

Trev

The Dumb One
Just a quickie.
1. Can I copy the x.TS, x.HMT and x.NTS files from my Foxsat to my T2?
2. Do I need to copy them all or just the x.TS and then run the sidecar utility? (just realised that I will need to run sidecar anyway to get the path etc. right :oops:)
3. Can I similarly just copy the series linked folders?
3. What is the x.THM file for on the T2?

Just a quickie.
2. Do I need to copy them all or just the x.TS and then run the sidecar utility? (just realised that I will need to run sidecar anyway to get the path etc. right :oops:)

The sidecar files are different on a Foxsat-hdr, Indeed if they are present the T2 won't play back the content. You don't need sidecar files to play back .ts files on a HDR FOX T2 so no issue with location unless you use AV2HDRT2 to create a .hmt file. . You don't even need to copy them as provided you run the Convertfiles package on the Foxsat on HD files (and of course they were recorded with Nowsters patch installed) you can stream them direct to a HDR FOX T2 using a DLNA server package on the Foxsat.

x.THM is the small graphics icon used to identify the file. The same files are present on the Foxsat to provide the chapter thumbnails.

Just a quickie.
1. No, just the .ts file.
2. You only need to run sidecar if you require playback FF/Skip/Rewind functions. Running sidecar will also provide additional options of sub-titles and audio-description track if they exist in the source. However, the .hmt file created will be the basic default since, unlike the T2, event information tables are not contained in recordings created on the Foxsat so the EPG information cannot be retrieved. There was never an issue on the T2 with embedded file paths in the hmt file since the T2 simply ignores them. The file set created by sidecar, or AV2HDR-T2, can be placed anywhere in "My Video" and its sub folders without any requirement for hmt edits. It will still appear in the T2's Media list and be playable.
3. No, only the contained .ts files.
3 again ?. THM file is the T2 equivalent of the Foxsat's hidden .TAC folders. It will be created on playback, or by overnight housekeeping task, providing you have previously run sidecar on the source video.

Last edited:
Back