Copy recordings

mihaid

I set up the hummy as a drive on my computer. Then I copied some recordings from the hummy drive to my D drive. When I tried to do the reverse it would not work because the hummy drive gets reported as 61MB, even though it has 100GB free, and my recording is bigger so I get the answer not enough space. Is there another way to transfer via network?

Presumably you mean using Samba. I'd not noticed that till now.
If your share is "/media", then as that is on a temp-filesystem which is 64MB in size, it reports slightly less as free space.
If you modify the share to be "/media/My Video", then that is on the hard disk partition and the real free space is reported.

That image is virtually illegible. You need to edit /mod/etc/smb.conf as described above.

"I set up the hummy as a drive on my computer" is not exactly precise. It could have meant lots of combinations of things potentially, including your skill level. I pitched my answer to match your question!

I knew that samba does not report the correct drive space to a remote connection, thanks for the fix.

I knew that samba does not report the correct drive space to a remote connection
But it does report the correct drive space and Samba works as well or as badly as anything else.
Try "df -h /media" and "df -h /media/My\ Video" and see the difference.
The key is getting the correct mount point.

I fail to see how you expect it to tell you the right answer if you ask it the wrong question...

Back