Copy Set Up on one HDR to Another

Tawny

Hi,

I've just bought another HDR to use in a different room and would like to replicate the same set up (channels, packages etc) from the first to the second HDR.

Is the easily done?

Thanks

My opinion: not really.

The custom packages can be duplicated by copying the /mod folder, but the custom firmware itself will have to be installed by USB as usual. It's easy enough to make a note of your installed set on one machine and mark the same packages for normal installation on the next machine - it also gives you a prod to prune stuff you don't need.

Duplicating the channel selection etc would mean exporting the native database - there is a save option on the hidden menu, but hardly worth it. If you are using the channeldel package to manage which services are retained that can be duplicated across as part of /mod (I expect).

It's straightforward if you're familiar with the command line. Install the dropbear-ssh and rsync packages on both, boot the new one to maintenance mode and run something like these commands on the new one:

Code:
humax# rsync -avr <ip address of old>:/var/lib/humaxtv/ /var/lib/humaxtv/
humax# rsync -avr <ip address of old>:/mnt/hd2/mod/ /mnt/hd2/mod/

and enter 'humax' as the password when prompted each time.
That will copy everything over apart from the recordings, including the schedule and all other settings.

I hope it works, but I never had much success with rsync when I was trying to duplicate an HD-FOX environment. That could have been down to all manner of reasons.

I hope it works, but I never had much success with rsync when I was trying to duplicate an HD-FOX environment. That could have been down to all manner of reasons.

Half worked by the look of it, the EPG's not loading on the web-if, so just trying to figure out why.

Back