Copying TS files to external hard drive

Scurry

Great site everyone, I have had my hummy for around 6 or so months and loving the machine, as easter is coming up we are wanting to copy some recordings onto a external hard drive to play on a TV which we normally take with us in the caravan, I know the TV plays avi films that we normally take, but I am struggling to convert the .ts files to avi using any video convertor is this because all my recordings are in HD as I have manage to copy a cbeebies recording, convert from .ts to .avi and this plays fine from the hard drive.

really scratching my head why I seem to be struggling to convert the .ts files which was recorded in HD format to avi

Thanks in advance
Simon

If you don't want to do any custom firmware stuff you can modify a small file which then allows the Hummy to decrypt the HiDef recordings when copying to USB. Have a look on the Wiki Here (click). You will use the standard FTP stuff to get these small files off the Hummy, then use the Foxy program to tweak a flag and then copy them back where they came from. Then when you copy the files to USB the Hummy treats them like SD and decrypts them for you! And no need to do anything to your Hummy (however it really does all get sooooo much easier if you do try the Custom Firmware!!)

If you don't want to do any custom firmware stuff you can modify a small file which then allows the Hummy to decrypt the HiDef recordings when copying to USB. Have a look on the Wiki Here (click). You will use the standard FTP stuff to get these small files off the Hummy, then use the Foxy program to tweak a flag and then copy them back where they came from. Then when you copy the files to USB the Hummy treats them like SD and decrypts them for you! And no need to do anything to your Hummy (however it really does all get sooooo much easier if you do try the Custom Firmware!!)
"Guru" indeed, that made much more sense than my ramblings! ;)

Back