Correction to Download Standard Def. file without USB Copy

LDW

My plot to copy video files from HDR to PC continues, despite all attempts to frustrate my plans...

"In the cmd.exe window go to the WGET directory with cd C:/wget/bin..."

This should read:

"In the cmd.exe window go to the WGET directory with cd C:\wget\bin..."

[ie backslash not forward slash]

I have corrected the 'slashes' in the Wiki, although I'm not sure that was the problem as 'cd C:/wget/bin' is acceptable in DOS CMD windows

I agree backslashes are the norm for DOS/Windows, they would be forward slashes in unixy systems.

Downloading the file should just be a case of clicking the OPT+ download option in the WebIF. If your PC browser is configured to play the file instead of saving it (I get that trouble), THIS TOPIC (click) tells you how to do it.

This is intriguing. You both appear to be using XP and yet get different results.

Ah. The wonderful world of Mr Gates.

Sometimes I miss my old ZX Spectrum. You knew where you were with a computer that couldn't do anything...

OK chaps, here's my story.

i) downloaded the CF. Straightforward, comprehensible even to me, and excellent.

ii) copied a file using OPT+ download option in the WebIf. This TS file wouldn't play, so I concluded it hadn't decoded itself.

iii) copied a file with WGET. This worked well.

iv) loaded the file into Roxio (I know, I know).

v) went to make a DVD. 12 hours later, still only on 60%...

I've got a 32Gb flash drive on order. Meantime, I'm going back to see if I can't just link up a DVD recorder to the HDR. Neither one seems to have an HDMI input, so I suppose it's back to SCART. Perhaps I'll get out my ZX Spectrum as well.

Or is there something glaringly obvious that I'm missing?

Is this a StDef or HiDef? You're onto a hiding to nothing if HiDef.

If it was StDef your WebIF download should have been playable, but no different to wget. To make a DVD copy I start with StDef, then it is auto-decrypted, and then I extract to MPG using the WebIF (my editor won't take a TS).

Copy the MPG to PC and load it up in Serif MoviePlus, top & tail it as required, add another MPG and a menu (if required), then export to DVD.

I'm sure that's not the only work-flow, but it works for me and the kit\tools I have to hand.

ii) copied a file using OPT+ download option in the WebIf. This TS file wouldn't play, so I concluded it hadn't decoded itself.
... is there something glaringly obvious that I'm missing?

I think the step you're missing is that Content Sharing must be turned on in the Humax menus (Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Settings)
detailed HERE in Notes

It can't _just_ be my stupidity, can it? Why doesn't mine look like yours? As the actress said...

hum by pooh.jpg

Back