corrupted file - auto-shrink with auto-decrypt?

cloud9

I have a folder which has both auto-decrypt and auto-shrink on. Just noticed that some of the files cannot play and checking the undelete folder (just turned the feature on) it seems the auto-decrypt had an error, there is an OK file in the auto-shrink so presumably that had run first. Could there have been a clash, or is something else causing a problem. I'd better check all the other auto-xxx files too.

libpostproc 52. 0.100 / 52. 0.100 /media/My Video/[Deleted Items]/webif_autodecrypt/xxx - watch and delete/The Science of Doctor Who_20131114_2100.hmt: Invalid data found when processing input

All these operations have a (slight) risk of corruption, I occasionally get them too. If you are risk averse, do not routinely perform these operations and do them selectively on items you specifically wish or need to.

It is only worth shrinking recordings to be kept for a length of time, normal record-watch-delete timeshift recordings don't need shrinking because they are going to be deleted anyway. If it is something valuable you are going to shrink, ensure there is enough space to keep an undelete backup and check the resulting file plays right to the end before ditching the backup.

Back