Could someone confirm my workflow please

vilbs

I have an HD FOX T2 with latest custom firmware and just want to confirm that the following is the best way to get decrypted HD video onto my PC.

Background: I have BootHDR, autounprotect, mediatomb, virtualdisk, and webif installed. I also have 1 tb USB HDD attached.

1. Boot into HDRmode by Telnet from my PC
2. With remote navigate to HD video and press Opt+
3. Select copy to virtual disk
4. Wait until it finishes copying
5. Open Mediatomb navigate to /Database/PC Directory/media/virtual/
6. Click the newley copy video which starts downloading it to my machine.

Is that correct? I am happy that it works though I fear if the above is the best way that it is a bit cumbersome to do for a btach job of all HD videos.

Thanks in advance.

af123

Administrator
Staff member
Once it's decrypted and on the virtual disk you could just FTP it down to your machine by installing the betaftpd package or use SCP via the dropbear-ssh package.

Otherwise I'm afraid that's as simple as it gets on the HD model.

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
There are a couple of minor improvements I can suggest: you can batch-copy (decrypt) by pressing the red button in the media browser to select a group of recordings (within one folder) or select a whole folder from the next level up - you could (as a preparatory operation) move all the files you wish to decrypt into one folder first (fast); then instead of downloading to PC just move the USB drive across physically (you will need a helper app on the PC to read it).

I have activated the samba server on my HD Fox T2 and use this for copying to the PC.

After copying to the vitual folder ( or any sub folder within it), I use Windows explorer on my Windows 7 laptop, navigate to the virtual folder on the HD Fox T2 and simply copy the files from there to a folder on my laptop hard disc, or to a folder on an external hard disc. Using this method you can copy several files from the HD Fox T2 to a PC in a batch.

To check the files are copied as expected, I use VLC on the PC to play them.

I have also used the method suggested by Black Hole to batch copy on the HD Fox i.e. "by pressing the red button in the media browser to select a group of recordings", before using the Opt+ key.

Hope that all makes sense.