Couple of annoying problems

WolfeUK

First off id like to say how happy i am with this product, works a treat

But a couple of really annoying problems ive found,
1, The Ariel outlet doesn't work unless the box is switched on ?? don't see the point in that, if i have to turn it on then i may as well watch it from there ?
2, The LED light on the front has the same color for recording and standby, so if its recording ive no idea if its in standby mode or switched on ? i then have to turn the telly on to check its state before i go to bed

Both these i find really annoying and for such a simple fix im surprised there this way ?

If your box has the latest firmware, the aerial output does work in standby, but not in low power standby.

Ive only just got the box, do i have to manually install the latest firmware or will it auto update ?

2, The LED light on the front has the same color for recording and standby, so if its recording ive no idea if its in standby mode or switched on ? i then have to turn the telly on to check its state before i go to bed
It does have the same colour but it doesn't have the same intensity.

Hi there, new member, first post. I recently bought a HDR-2000T for my 90yr old dad but returned it because it had no aerial loop-through facility when in sby. (since found out it does loop-through if firmware is updated). So I asked on AV forums if the HDR-1800T had loop-through facility on sby and it was stated that it had, so I've just ordered one.

However, post 4 indicates that a firmware update is also required for the 1800T to loop-through. My dad has no internet so does this mean I'll have to do this manually via usb or bring it to my house and connect it to my modem overnight?

I am aware of the need to change the Auto Power Down setting to off for it to not go into sby automatically.

Cheers

Dave

All released versions of the HDR-1800T software do have loop-through providing an option is changed in its menus to turn off power saving in standby.

What the old version of HDR-1800T software suffered from was not recording when in standy-by.
My dad has no internet so does this mean I'll have to do this manually via usb or bring it to my house and connect it to my modem overnight?
Only if the HDR-1800T has the older verion of software.

Reply from Humax to my email

Dave

Yes the HDR-1800T has the facility to pass the signal through when in standby. You would just need to turn off power saving in standby in the settings menu.

The HDR-2000T will automatically be updated in the next coming weeks to facilitate this also.

Best Regards,

Humax Customer Support

Ive had the 2000T for over a year now, I hear it doing its stuff at 4.30am most nights but this automatic updating overnight has never happened, for me.
Im still intending to try the USB method for the umpteenth time but I gave up an age ago , hoping for the OTA or this automatic one via the internet connection, Humax promised and assured me about in November, but its never happened.

this automatic one via the internet connection, Humax promised and assured me about in November, but its never happened.
The Internet update should work. Can I check that you have it connected to the Internet and you can watch via iPlayer and that you are leaving the box in standby (ie pressed the standby button and the LED in the front panel changed from blue to dull red)?

Back