Crash Loop - what to do

Ok thanks everyone its working again now thanks to the factory reset update file.

Thankfully It doesn't format the drive, I guess in my head a factory reset is more hard core.
The backup files remain after a factory reset too.

The recording schedule and favourites list are held in *.rbk files, e.g. /mod/var/backup/auto-2014-Jun-29-03:35.rbk The favourites are readable but the schedule is a bit more difficult
It should then be possible to copy a backup file and restore it after fixing the crash problem, though from maintenance mode the partition would need to be mounted first. It may be a moot point though; we don't know if the new reset procedure deletes these files.

Edit. Rendered irrelevant (see above).

Ok thanks everyone its working again now thanks to the factory reset update file.

Thankfully It doesn't format the drive, I guess in my head a factory reset is more hard core.
Good news! The CFW 3.00 features are already proving useful and it has not been released yet!

Great. You might want to run the fix-flash-packages diagnostic and then review the settings page in the web interface. It's likely several sets of package settings will have gone back to default. Small inconvenience for getting the box working again!

Back