Crash when connecting to Network storage

Umanbean

Hi
I recently had problems when trying to connect to DLNA network device in that once connected to the network server the menus for Video Music etc would be unselectable. Today I tried to access the server and as soon as I connected to the Network the Hummy froze and then crashed completely.
I have updated the firmware to the latest 22/04/2013release but the prblem persists. Anyone any ideas about what could be causing this and how I can resolve it?

I recently had problems when trying to connect to DLNA network device in that once connected to the network server the menus for Video Music etc would be unselectable. Today I tried to access the server and as soon as I connected to the Network the Hummy froze and then crashed completely.
Do you have content sharing enabled on the Humax? Do you Twonky (version 7) or Power DVD running somewhere on the network? The combination can cause the Humax to crash.

Sorry I wasn't very clear. I have an HD-FOX T2 not the HDR . The hummy is a client trying to play anything!! served by DLNA from several servers. Every time I go Media-Storage-Network it shows the DLNA servers then within a minute the background picture freezes and the word Crash appears on the front of the unit and then it crashes and reboots.
No I dont have Twonky or Power DVD

This will have nothing to do with the custom firmware, but you could reload just the standard firmware to confirm.

I think this is a network or a server problem rather than a Humax problem, although it would be nice if it did not just crash when the unexpected happens! In that you are using the Network menu for DLNA access rather than a custom firmware network mount (which would appear in the USB menu), I think it unlikely there are any logs which could help pinpoint the problem.

Try turning off all your server devices and see if the HD-FOX still crashes when you search for a server, then re-introduce them one at a time.

Thanks for your suggestion. I turned off all servers. checked the IP address and tried connecting to Network again. Instant crash and reboot. I'm at a loss. Could this be a hardware fault?

Well, disconnected the wired LAN as you suggested and tried without it. Network icon (obviously) not available. Reconnected LAN and tried again and hey presto its working fine again. Can't understand why I didnt think of the solution before, but anyway thanks for your help. All is fixed.

OK, so it was something to do with the HD-FOX then. A cold boot would probably have fixed it.

Back