Crashes on IR Input (and other weird occurrences)

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
I've noticed a preponderance of crashes occurring when an HDR has been idle for a long time and then I give it a control input.

Is the IR the cause of a crash or is lack of response to IR the first evidence of problem that occurred earlier

Is the IR the cause of a crash or is lack of response to IR the first evidence of problem that occurred earlier
The incidence is too close to be a coincidence. Tonight: managed to change channel, but then the video froze with continuing audio. Another example produced the weird crash state I reported yesterday when everything had been normal shortly before.

Is this just one one BH? Or is it on your whole rack of them?:D
Not specific to any one machine.

I note that my outstation HDR (elderly user) is rarely if ever reported to do anything weird. It gets power cycled on a regular basis (goes on and off with the TV), and has no network connection!

!!!

Screen went to "nothing being broadcast on this channel" (or words to that effect). Strange, I thought, so I brought up the EPG and switched to something else. That showed a few seconds of video and then did the same thing. Switch again, same again. Then eventually it froze.

Hard reset, back to normal.

Back