creating mp4's

I'm already using the decrypt function and convert to mpg before taking files off over the network to my PC. I then use handbrake to create mp4's. What I would like to do is create the mp4's on the Humax before transfer. I suspect this is asking too much of the machine, I have looked through numerous threads but have failed to find anything either way. anyone have this info please?

It is asking too much. You can obtain MP4s of BBC programmes by using the WebIF "save last download" feature for iPlayer capture.

It is asking too much. You can obtain MP4s of BBC programmes by using the WebIF "save last download" feature for iPlayer capture.
Thankyou for that - I'd used the save last download for the first time a few weeks ago and hadn't noticed it was mp4, i'll give this a try over the weekend . Thanks again

Not sure what the point of converting to mpg is if you are then going to convert to mp4.

I just download the decrypted file in ts format, edit it using VideoReDo and then use Handbrake to convert to mp4.

Typical scenario: the user has a specific video editor package (eg I use Serif MoviePlus), and uses that rather than download yet another package. MoviePlus (my version anyway) won't import TS, but will import MPG (which is a simple conversion just modifying the wrapper rather than the streams within the wrapper). That does not explain the need for Handbrake of course.

MPG conversion is also useful for supporting DLNA playback on client devices unable to cope with TS.

Back