CRID Changed

mlavende

Hi All,

just a query.

Having recorded the White Queen on Series link last night I notice the next episode is not in my schedule. Further investigation shows the series CRID has changed.

Do we know why the BBC do this? Are they likely to change it back before next Sunday or do I need to reset the series link.

Luckily I'm here to do this but if I was in France on holiday then I'd miss it wouldn't I (unless I could get to wifi and use the rs website)

I sometimes think I'd be better off using the Auto settings on the RS website like I used to have on the Toppy. Not so convenient perhaps but at least I control what I record rather than the BBC!

Thanks

-Mat

The recently improved RS Auto E-Mail notification system is a very good alternative to having to rely on the Broadcasters getting the CRIDs right, it will send you two 'click-able' links to both the latest search result and also a link to 'all' matching results, using the links you can then schedule a recording e.g.:-
RS-Auto-Email.jpg

Hi Ezra,

I have been playing with it and, as you say, it's nice and relatively easy, but I'm still a bit peeved that the crid can change so easily. I could perhaps understand it from the 'lesser' channels, but the BBC! Heavens! Whatever next?

Still like to know what causes it if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks
-Mat

Just one of those things that ticks us off from time to time. The custom firmware (including the remote scheduler) was motivated by things that ticked us off.

If I want the maximum chance something is recorded regardless of potential CRID and AR errors, I set an auto search and schedule from RS, with padding, and hope a previous programme doesn't run late. The HDR has to go through regular sleep periods to ensure RS schedule downloads get promoted to actionable reservations.

So if I set an auto search and schedule with padding for all our programmes will the padding be ignored if I have 2 consecutive recordings on the same channel or will one not be able to record? I guess I mean does it act like the 'normal' on-box recording?

Thanks for all this guys

-Mat

Yes, recordings set via the RS are precisely the same as recordings scheduled manually, with the exception that the HDR can be subverted to select AR or padding on a recording-by-recording basis. In the RS search, select "event" rather than "series", otherwise you will be back with the CRID problem.

Full consequences of AR or padding are described HERE (click).

Thanks for this. Almost the same as the Toppy then.

One final query in case you know, if not I can test it myself:

Let's say I have a scenario where I'm recording a programme on BBC1 8-9pm, another on ITV1 8-9pm and then another on CH5 at 9-10pm. All my settings have -2 and +10 minute padding. I want to force the ITV programme to have padding at the end and the BBC1 programme to stop at 9 before the recording switches to CH5.

Can I do this somehow? On the Toppy it was done (using MyStuff) by ordering the list of searches with those at the top taking precedence. I would guess there's something similar on the Hummy but I can't reorder the searches can I?

Thanks for all your help

-Mat

I know no way of controlling which of the recordings will get terminated at 9. If I were setting that up, I would use C5+1 to avoid the issue.

Alternatively you can convert the reservations to manual by editing the start and end times - this cancels any influence AR or padding might have.

Thanks for that. The scenario was purely a 'what if' and as you say, I can use +1 channels when available. Just interested to know if we have any control on what stops when since some channels are better than others for not over-running.

Time for a play I think :)

Thanks to both of you for your help

-Mat

The BBC have been messing around with the schedules all weekend and Wimbledon has not even started. Not helpful, even if you are a tennis fan. Constantly switching between BBC1, BBc2, BBC3 and the red button.

Everyone is now digital and has the red button (now in HD). Business as usual on the other channels - sorted.

Thanks for the heads up, you have saved me missing it next week! Does anyone know an email address to report this to? I think the best way of dealing with these issues is to report them in the hope that whatever the issues are will eventually get recognised and eventually fixed!

Back