Cropping problem

Indeed.

A raw view of the file system would.

There seems to me to be some "I've never done that before, that's scary" reluctance to dip toes in water.
Or alternatively there could be a much simpler fact like: I'm not physically there to do that.

I would say you've been pretty slow volunteering that information. If we had known that, we wouldn't have wasted our time suggesting things that you can't do.

I would say you've been pretty slow volunteering that information. If we had known that, we wouldn't have wasted our time suggesting things that you can't do.
I would say that travelling is a pretty strong reason for the delay in providing you with the information.

You could have mentioned it in any of your posts, it would have helped! How the hell do you expect to be guided to a diagnosis if you don't have access to the patient?

You could have mentioned it in any of your posts, it would have helped! How the hell do you expect to be guided to a diagnosis if you don't have access to the patient?
Could it just about be possible that the travelling may have been unplanned when the diagnosis was asked for? Is that allowed on this forum?

Access to patient resumed
So, as suspected, it moved the input files but did nothing else,
There is a complete set of input files with no strange characters in the names.
Are there any messages in webif-error.log (on the Diagnostics page)?

One thing you could try is reinstalling the nicesplice package, to see if that fixes the problem
Code:
opkg install nicesplice --force-reinstall
From command line (webshell or putty)

Last edited:
This error. Does it help with anything?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180813-222249.png
    Screenshot_20180813-222249.png
    223.6 KB · Views: 15
That is a very strange one that I have never seen before

For some reason nicesplice thinks that the recording is a timeslip recording and it is failing to sync the ts and nts files.
Unfortunately the way it is reporting the error is causing output to be written to the error log and not reported back to the user.

Was there anything unusual about the way the recording was made to cause it to appear to a timeslip recording?
Do other recordings show the same symptoms or just this one?

You might be able to fix the recording by running the sidecar tool to rebuild the .nts
@af123 may be able to improve the code so that it catches cases where nicesplice exits with a message but may need a testcase so rename the original .nts rather than deleting it before running sidecar.

The recording was made as a timeslip recording. I think the episode was set for recording but prior to it beginning I started recording the timeslip for something else so the t2 recorded the timeslip and continued recording the set episode

Now that you mentioned it sounds that the timeslip is causing the error. No biggie, the episode is gonna be deleted after watching so cropping was only an attempt to free some disk space prior to the watching.

Thanks for your help.

Back