custom firmware and xbmc

Did you turn Content Share on on the Hummy?
Settings >System > Internet Settings >Content Share
Just though I would mention, (for the benefit of other readers), that Content Share = on is not required to get comms. working between a P.C. and the Humax when connecting to the Web-interface. The Content Share = on activates the Humax's DNLA server required when streaming video and is also required by the Custom Firmware when decrypting recordings

Ok. Up and running to a point.

I can stream the Humax content to the PC and see XMBC on the Humax. I streamed some of my own reformatted (Humax acceptible) movies to the XMBC connection ok, I then tried to stream a movie directly from the XMBC library unsuccessfully. I assume it is this problem of format.

XMBC forums can't help.Is there any further advice here on how to get around this problem?

There is a reduced list of file formats that the Humax will play from a 'remote' source compared to the list of files it will play when resident in it's own hard disk drive. This can't be improved by installing the Custom Firmware, so the options are either convert files to an acceptable (Remote) format or copy the files onto the Humax's local hard disk

Thanks.

"convert files" This was the answer to previous successful streaming of downloaded movies,etc to the Humax (non XMBC files). But am I right to think I cannot convert the XMBC libraries files?

"copy the files onto the Humax's local hard disk" Is that possible with XMBCs files and how?

As I understand it, the XBMC library is just a 'Table Of Contents', a list of available files that may be in differing formats MP4, MKV, AVI etc. so I can't see why they couldn't be converted to another format. You could get them onto the Humax by either copying them to a USB memory stick or by FTPing them onto the Humax

Oops - corrected, it was copied from #25, it looks like it is quite contagious, It's also wrong in #23, #12, #4 and #2 :)

Sorry Ezra, I was not getting at you.:) I had already corrected the title and first post, and was hoping that the OP would have noticed, and corrected it in later posts.;)

Sorry, did I go off topic. In trying to achieve successful streaming as explained I am entering into various subjects.
You were not off topic, you were referring to XMBC, when you really meant to refer to XBMC.:)

Apologies Brian
I wanted to update some information, but, I am not sure that I can add to my post here now.

Back