custom firmware disabled on HDR Fox T2

urbhobbit

Does the custom firmware have to auto disable when the HDR Fox T2 crashes?
Can the disable feature be disabled?
These are some of the crashes, not all are logged i.e. crash on 10th Feb (yesterday)
>>> Contents of /mod/tmp/crash.log 426.00 bytes
Humax crashed at Wed Nov 6 16:40:40 GMT 2013 - Uptime: 4293
Humax crashed at Fri Nov 8 22:11:54 GMT 2013 - Uptime: 116651
Humax crashed at Wed Nov 20 11:35:01 GMT 2013 - Uptime: 842
Humax crashed at Fri Dec 27 23:38:29 GMT 2013 - Uptime: 13693
Humax crashed at Mon Dec 30 17:11:17 GMT 2013 - Uptime: 27
Humax crashed at Tue Jan 28 23:03:30 GMT 2014 - Uptime: 31212
Humax crashed at Fri Feb 7 20:09:59 GMT 2014 - Uptime: 26

I suggest you get to the bottom of the crashes, not worry about the CF going into damage limitation! The reason it does that is in case something to do with the CF is causing the crashes, and if it did not there is the possibility that the unit would go into a continuous crash loop. This is like Windows booting into safe mode.

Have tried everything as suggested in the past by other members i.e. Ezra Pound and others.
Under this heading - "Film Names have disappeared, replaced by synopsis"

Have learnt to live with the crashes, again can I not turn of the auto disable?

I have wondered about reverting the whole unit back to factory state and starting again but I'm not sure if I I can back up all the recorded stuff successfully.
I have USB self powered 1TB drives that would cope with the whole lot, but I would need step by step instructions, if someone would be kind enough or point me in the right direction.

Very simple to archive everything off, as long as you format the external drive to Ext3 first or have the NTFS custom firmware extension (to ensure files larger than 4GiB are not trimmed by FAT32). Just use the SUI: Media >> Select All (green) >> OPT+ >> Move/Copy, then choose your external drive from the list (the red button operation will change from "Move" to "Copy") and press red. Then leave it for many hours to get on with it.

To format an external drive to Ext3: Menu >> Settings >> System >> Data Storage >> Storage and select the external drive (definitely not "Internal HDD"!), then on the same menu Format Storage (I have not checked this works, and if the Humax thinks it can't format the external drive it won't allow the option to be selected).

Once everything has been archived, you can format the internal drive by the same method and also perform a factory reset (Menu >> Settings >> Installation >> Factory Default), and by installing a standard firmware everything will be back to "as delivered". The archived recordings can be played from the external drive or copied back by the same process as they were archived (reading from NTFS does not require custom firmware).

To format an external drive to Ext3: Menu >> Settings >> System >> Data Storage >> Storage and select the external drive (definitely not "Internal HDD"!), then on the same menu Format Storage (I have not checked this works, and if the Humax thinks it can't format the external drive it won't allow the option to be selected).

That works, that's how I get my 64GB USB stick in Ext3. It gets a bit fusy that the drive isn't in an unsupported format thou before you do it. FAT32 is OK. exFat it doesn't like.

Excellent
Thanks for quick and detailed advice.
Will carry out the backup, and format to restore back to 'as delivered', then re-install custom firmware.
I presume my 'backup of channel configuration and scheduled recordings' will have to be done manually?

'autodisable/off ' done
To turn it back on I presume run 'plugin_autodisable/on' ?

Thanks BlackHole, I'll read through that lot.

Back