Custom Firmware not seeing HDD

vibez

With stock firmware HDR-FOXT2_1_03_12 mt Humax can see and record to the HDD, once I load HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.03 my data storage is greyed out and I can't record anything. Please help

There was a kernel tweak to accommodate some HDD features, which seems to have broken it for others. It is possible to use 3.03 and wind back the kernel - but don't ask me how. It's here somewhere.

With stock firmware HDR-FOXT2_1_03_12 mt Humax can see and record to the HDD, once I load HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.03 my data storage is greyed out and I can't record anything.
Is the Humax on the original hard drive or have you fitted a different type?

Look at the hard disk diagnostics on the Diagnostics page of the WebIF - that will tell you what the drive is. The standard is a Seagate Pipeline.

There is a thread about this issue here. If you are not using a wireless dongle with the unit, and you don't need the DLNA helper package (stops the unit crashing when a NAS or other device running Twonky 7 is present on the same network) you can install 1.03.12/ CFW 3.03 and then apply the original 1.03.12 kernel by the same method as a standard USB firmware installation. The kernel patch is available in the firmware downloads section of the wiki here.

That is a drive designed for PVR usage so it should be fine.
That disk is an older, non-advanced format version of the Pipeline HDD. I believe it is the model that was shipped in new HDR-FOX units. There must still be plenty of these still in service. There are different firmware versions that run the disk hardware though, perhaps that is the source of the problem?

To add, I have one of the same model to hand. I swapped it for a new, larger drive a few months ago but it was working fine with 1.03.12/ CFW 3.03 when I replaced it. FYI the drive has firmware version SC13 installed.

Last edited:
The exact same model is reported in all three of my HDRs, one dating from when they were introduced. I don't have any REs. My HDRs are all still on 3.00 - but I can't imagine this problem would affect the standard drive without somebody noticing by now.

Back