Custom firmware V 4.1.3

OldGoat

I thought I'd get the latest package in case it disappears (has it?)
Downloaded driver and loader package package, - installed OK but downloading full package goes nowhere...
Then I find to my horror that the threads on the subject are well out of date (silly, silly me).
So is it dead and if so, how do I go back to what I had before?

Can I recover from another machine?

HELP HELP HELP...

Ah, yes - thanks for your rapid reply. I was trying to keep the post short.
I've downloaded the base file from the cloud as above, installed it - OK, got as far as the next screen (download the full interface) and nothing further happens even after 1/2 hour. Repeated the full process still zilch .
So, I wondered if the link is offline / no longer available - after all the thread on AVforums is two years old...

Suggestions? (please)

Calming down a bit, my earlier observations were flawed. I get to here:-

Welcome, and congratulations on successfully installing the custom firmware.

You are seeing this page because the full web interface is not yet installed
or essential components from a previous installation are corrupt or missing.
You must now install, or re-install, the full web interface in order to continue.
A telnet service will also be installed to provide additional command line access.
This service can later be disabled or removed, as required.

Ensure you are connected to the Internet then click on the button below.
The installation process may take some time, depending on your connection speed.
A status report will be displayed on completion.

I clicked on the box and the display returns to my base address of the box.
In a previous life, clicking on the message leaves the display as it was and sooner or later the download begins.
I'll try Firefox as IE11 an be a pain sometimes...

I've now done that - Firefox shows that the full interface has now been downloaded (must be very small) - but when I key the web address into IE 11 it still shows the 'ready to download' page even if I just key in my base '//172.x.x.x' address - must be a buffer problem at my end

Apologies for wasting your time!

Calming down a bit, my earlier observations were flawed. I get to here:-

Welcome, and congratulations on successfully installing the custom firmware.

You are seeing this page because the full web interface is not yet installed
or essential components from a previous installation are corrupt or missing.
You must now install, or re-install, the full web interface in order to continue.
A telnet service will also be installed to provide additional command line access.
This service can later be disabled or removed, as required.

Ensure you are connected to the Internet then click on the button below.
The installation process may take some time, depending on your connection speed.
A status report will be displayed on completion.

I clicked on the box and the display returns to my base address of the box.
In a previous life, clicking on the message leaves the display as it was and sooner or later the download begins.
I'll try Firefox as IE11 an be a pain sometimes...

I've now done that - Firefox shows that the full interface has now been downloaded (must be very small) - but when I key the web address into IE 11 it still shows the 'ready to download' page even if I just key in my base '//172.x.x.x' address - must be a buffer problem at my end

Apologies for wasting your time!

Reboot the HDR-FOX-T2 if you haven't already done so.

Try clearing the cache on your Browser, and set it to renew the page every time you open it.

Thanks folks - clearing the cache removes all my cookies and partially remembered logon IDs - too much hassle! There must be a time expiry on some cookie or other because after an hour or so, IE decided to open the right page (which FF had done all along).

So instead of starting a new thread,
on the channel editor page,
what's the significance of the Freesat / non-freesat column?
I've selected visible for those I want to see in the hope of removing the clutter from the epg (the main reason why I stopped using the boxes)
Should I also select non-freesat for those channels I don't want?

TIA.
Mike

Thanks folks - clearing the cache removes all my cookies and partially remembered logon IDs - too much hassle! There must be a time expiry on some cookie or other because after an hour or so, IE decided to open the right page (which FF had done all along).

So instead of starting a new thread,
on the channel editor page,
what's the significance of the Freesat / non-freesat column?
I've selected visible for those I want to see in the hope of removing the clutter from the epg (the main reason why I stopped using the boxes)
Should I also select non-freesat for those channels I don't want?

TIA.
Mike

Just select visible for the Freesat ones you want to see. The non-freesat column allows you to watch and set manual recording timers for channels manually added to non-freesat mode, without leaving freesat mode. You can also select channels that are on the Freesat epg (Like ITV regions) that you don't normally see due to the postcode used). In this case you actually get the epg data as well. It can be handy to have alternate regions using a different polarisation on your epg as it can make 3rd channels viewable while recording two by electing to record a different region.

You should also look at Nowsters patch (see the main threads re the custom firmware at AV Forums). Not sure what I can say on here, PM me for more info. There should be an option to only delete your browsing history and retain all the other items you don't want to delete. Did you setup telnet on your version of windows ? If not do it, it allows you to access the Foxsat custom firmware from a command prompt.

Graham

Unlike the attitude at AVF, as far as I know we have no bar on free discussion on this forum!

There is no bar at AVF either.

There is a subtle difference between using a built in way that the box maker created by exploiting the built in way of decrypting existing content without actually hacking into the Humax standard firmware. ie changing a byte in a sidecar file and and using the propriety firmware to fool the the loophole left to allow HD decryption to take place on copying to usb. The situation on the Foxsat-HDR is totally different (Which is why Raydon the author of the custom firmware for the Foxsat-HDR had nothing to do with a similar solution). The custom firmware for the Foxsat-HDR has no way of changing the situation regarding encryption of HD content without actually hacking into the propriety Humax protected set top app. In all other respects the custom firmware on both boxes merely adds additional linux apps that the open source software user has to declare. This does not include any DRM interference with the copyright protected software that Humax has the copyright on.

AVF allows the publication of actual hacks to the propriety software in respect of DRM, I have no idea what the moderators allow here.

Apparently you don't realise that AF's been hacking the Humax proprietary HDR-FOX code for some time - not for the decryption exploit but to furnish the CF with some of the more advanced facilities we now have (eg RTS).

Apparently you don't realise that AF's been hacking the Humax proprietary HDR-FOX code for some time - not for the decryption exploit but to furnish the CF with some of the more advanced facilities we now have (eg RTS).

Of course I realise that.

Apparently you don't understand English.

This does not include any DRM interference with the copyright protected software that Humax has the copyright on.

How else could the message on the display during boot up be enabled. It's the same on the Foxsat-HDR. The big difference which you appear not to understand, is that the software patch on the Foxsat is not included in the Custom Firmware release nor documented in it because of the reason I posted. Back in the early days Bob_Cat who was part of the technical team at Humax was a frequent poster on the now defunct site that My Humax replaced. On one occasion he remarked that it was surprising that no one had cracked the HD encryption on this box (The box has always been able to record HD without encryption using non freesat mode). It took some years for someone to finally realise what he meant.:)

AVF allows the publication of actual hacks to the propriety software in respect of DRM, I have no idea what the moderators allow here.
Which I'm surprised about as if you post a link to here or any other website that 'they' consider to be 'competitors', or anything to do with anything not quite kosher like 'stealing pay TV', they jump on it like a ton of bricks (as you know).

Now I am confused. AF123 says it's OK, Trev says it is not :) . The info required is a simple telnet command sequence which does include a link but not to a competitors website.

Firstly,
Graham thanks for your help - I'd like to send you a PM - but I can't see anything other than a 'conversation'. So how-to?
Secondly my question seems to have stirred up a bit of a hornets nest (not unique to this forum), but any-which-way it seems to have brought some life back to what is a dead box (shame).
FWIW I've got several of these from the days when our local transmitter was a bit patchy and also when we go boating. Now that Sky have finally scuppered the Pace 3100 'fix', I thought I'd return to my stash of boxes, especially as my toppys don't work either (so many channels on FV that it blows their minds).
So I hope renewed interest may encourage others to get one and use it!

OldGoat said:
I'd like to send you a PM - but I can't see anything other than a 'conversation'. So how-to?
That's what they call a PM around here.
Secondly my question seems to have stirred up a bit of a hornets nest (not unique to this forum), but any-which-way it seems to have brought some life back to what is a dead box (shame).
Not a hornet's nest, just lively conversation. And just who are you calling an "old box"?:roflmao:

Firstly,
Graham thanks for your help - I'd like to send you a PM - but I can't see anything other than a 'conversation'. So how-to?
FWIW I've got several of these from the days when our local transmitter was a bit patchy and also when we go boating. Now that Sky have finally scuppered the Pace 3100 'fix', I thought I'd return to my stash of boxes, especially as my toppys don't work either (so many channels on FV that it blows their minds).
So I hope renewed interest may encourage others to get one and use it!

I will sort it out watch for a conversation.

Now I am confused. AF123 says it's OK, Trev says it is not :) . The info required is a simple telnet command sequence which does include a link but not to a competitors website.
I meant that if you post ON AVF a link to here etc etc...... NOT posting a link TO AVF here. I think you missed the "to" in "as if you post a link to here or any other..."

Back