Custom Firmware won't install

stec

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm sure I'm doing something (or several things) stupid here but it's beyond me. Let me describe what's happened:

* Installed Customised Firmware on my HDR-FOX T2 a while ago, worked fine, didn't do anything to it or much *with* it but quite enjoyed knowing it was there at least
* Moved house
* Set up the Humax, my network and noted that when I try to access the web interface I get a user / password thing. Thought "Hmm, perhaps at some point official firmware has updated OTA".
* As suspected, no evidence of custom firmware on the box anymore (system reported .29 official) so downloaded the appropriate update
* Placed it on a FAT32 formatted USB, booted up the system, it downloaded / programmed / congratulated me on the successful installation / rebooted
* No change
* Tried again
* Download / programmed (much quicker) / rebooted
* No change.

And that's it, basically. I've tried rolling back to an earlier customised version and it does the same thing. FTPing to the box shows the My Videos etc directories and that's all, so I'm pretty sure it's not installing. But I have no idea why.

Any ideas? Sorry!

s

There are a few points to remember here :-
1) You can reset your Web-If password using the notes HERE, NOTE you will require Telnet access
2) The Humax on screen display will always show the official version of firmware even if the Custom Firmware is installed
3) When the Custom Firmware is installed, you will get ' Cust FW 2.XX' displayed on the Humax display during turn on
4) Using the Humax built-in FTP server you will only ever see the My Video etc. (you need CF Betaftpd for full access)

Well, that worked perfectly and, while I feel like a BIT of an idiot, I am super grateful. I remobrf the webif password and it's definitely running the custom firmware (although I don't think it's displaying the Cust FW thing during boot which is what threw me).

Anyway, now I have an account here I can at least say thank you to everyone who's worked on this stuff. It's an amazing community effort and genuinely appreciated.

Thanks!

s

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm sure I'm doing something (or several things) stupid here but it's beyond me. Let me describe what's happened:

* Installed Customised Firmware on my HDR-FOX T2 a while ago, worked fine, didn't do anything to it or much *with* it but quite enjoyed knowing it was there at least
* Moved house
* Set up the Humax, my network and noted that when I try to access the web interface I get a user / password thing. Thought "Hmm, perhaps at some point official firmware has updated OTA".
* As suspected, no evidence of custom firmware on the box anymore (system reported .29 official) so downloaded the appropriate update
* Placed it on a FAT32 formatted USB, booted up the system, it downloaded / programmed / congratulated me on the successful installation / rebooted
* No change
* Tried again
* Download / programmed (much quicker) / rebooted
* No change.

And that's it, basically. I've tried rolling back to an earlier customised version and it does the same thing. FTPing to the box shows the My Videos etc directories and that's all, so I'm pretty sure it's not installing. But I have no idea why.

Any ideas? Sorry!

s
Check post 2 in the Quick Start Guide (click) and compare your experience with the procedure documented. If things are not working despite you having performed the correct steps in the correct order, it is possible the HDD is in difficulty (they are known to go "read only" due to a file system error, in which case the HDR-FOX would be unable to record anything). If that is the case, there is a process to get you going again HERE (click).

Posted in ignorance of post 3 due to preparation time

Well, that worked perfectly and, while I feel like a BIT of an idiot, I am super grateful. I remobrf the webif password and it's definitely running the custom firmware (although I don't think it's displaying the Cust FW thing during boot which is what threw me).
Anyway, now I have an account here I can at least say thank you to everyone who's worked on this stuff. It's an amazing community effort and genuinely appreciated.
Thanks!
Glad you understood the documentation in the WiKi :)

Back