Custom firmware

My hdr fox t2 is getting on a bit what I am wondering is should I seem a replacement that's in better Nick or is there something else that supports the custom firmware ?

My hdr fox t2 is getting on a bit what I am wondering is should I seem a replacement that's in better Nick or is there something else that supports the custom firmware ?
No later Humax model currently has custom firmware so your options are another HDR-FOX T2, a later box from Humax or another manufacturer with more functionality or something from the DIY PVR building section of the forum https://hummy.tv/forum/forums/diy-pvr-building.55/

My hdr fox t2 is getting on a bit what I am wondering is should I seem a replacement that's in better Nick
I have 3 HDR-FOXes in constant use and over 10 years old, none of them showing signs of pegging out and all with their original HDDs. Not turning them on and off all the time helps. The only sign of age is the dimness of the VFD. In what way is yours not in good nick?

Thanks all My main concern is I am reliant on mine for collecting tv I want to keep on my NAS . The odd system crash just makes me wonder if a backup machine will be a good idea . Looks like ebay is the way forward .

Back