Custom firmware

It is essential to install CF on the HD-FOX if you want to do that, otherwise recordings remain encrypted and completely useless for anything other than the original HD-FOX. Have you not read the stuff I pointed you to? See Things Every... (click) section 5.

(sorry, I cocked up the link in my last post, now corrected)

That blog you linked to is for the HDR-FOX not the HD-FOX. It therefore does not apply to you.

Plenty of people are running CF on HD-FOX, it just depends on your motivation.

your right,, I would have bought an HDR in hindsight,, but Im happy with HD for hd freeview and ability to record with usb,, plus the youtube is as good if not better than chrome cast.
:) peace

Aren't standard definition files recorded by a HD-Fox T2 to a USB hard disk drive held on the drive in a decrypted state? or is the USB drive treated the same as the internal drive on an HDR-Fox T2, if so could you record to a USB drive and then copy the recorded file to a second USB device (via a USB hub) in order to force decryption

Aren't standard definition files recorded by a HD-Fox T2 to a USB hard disk drive held on the drive in a decrypted state? or is the USB drive treated the same as the internal drive on an HDR-Fox T2, if so could you record to a USB drive and then copy the recorded file to a second USB device (via a USB hub) in order to force decryption
The USB hard drive (registered for recording based on the UUID) is (almost) treated like the internal drive of a HDR, but the HD can only move files not copy them. Using Drutt's BootHDR the files can be copied to a virtual USB disc, decrypting in the process. It may well work copying to a different USB drive on the same hub, whilst in HDR mode, but I've not tried it and this is a bit capricious on the HDR.

Are you getting forgetful? See HERE (click), item 5.

In brief: The hd fox as encrypted files whereas the hdr as non-encrypted. Then if you customise the hd fox it stores non-encrypted files on the usb connected hdd.
whew! (best not beef sentances with commas (word police are about);)

In brief: The hd fox as encrypted files whereas the hdr as non-encrypted. Then if you customise the hd fox it stores non-encrypted files on the usb connected hdd.
Er, no. I suggest reading Black Hole's guide again.

Film4 and Film4+1 are available on freeview, as are a small number of sky channels. ESPN used to be available until earlier this year.

Back