Custom Portal and BBC Sport / News app

Tell

Apologies if discussed. Any chance of adding these apps to the new custom portal screen. These apps were released by Humax for the latest HDR software but after the custom portal screen was developed. I know you can get at them by picking off the Humax portal from the custom portal but would be nice to have them alligned on that screen. I see with the Commonwealth Games the BBC Sports portal of the Humax came into it's own so wasn't as underated as suggested before it's launch giving access to HD streams that aren't available via Freeview 301 and 302.

We need a BBC Music Events Humax app for Glastonbury, Proms et al as well similar to what the Beeb provide via the iPlayer Radio app. Humax iPlayer radio app for the Humax ?. Presume that one isn't available via other TV platforms ?.

I did some work on the portal a while ago adding these two apps and also adding a few iptv streams, but the guy who was also working on it stopped. I've still got a copy, so might ask af123 if it's ok to update it.

All the bbc channels, nasa tv, red bull tv, and a few others I can't remember. Couldn't find a feed for the freeview iptv streams apart from sports tonight, but that has an extra layer of encryption which breaks the stream after 60 seconds - it needs a key. Not looked at it all since..

Yes, feel free to update the portal any time you guys want!

I read somewhere recently that the 4OD iPad/iPhone/Android apps are now hooking into a HTML5 website so this might be worth investigating.. If the 4OD website is smart enough to detect if your browser can support html5 then in theory the portal should be able to show the content..

Chris will look forward to seeing your update via af123 work and thanks Mcquaim.

As an interesting side note yesterday on watching the 10 metre dive on BBC Sport app via the Humax app, Freeview BBC Three SD was running 5 mins behind at 19:30 showing 19:25 by the end of diving Freeview had caught up with "live" stream this was shown via my Panasonic built in Freeview tuner no hard disk delay. It would appear that Freeview live programming can flex the time horizon and then speed itself up to real time. Weird. Must be a BBC broadcast trick of dealing with late running live events in schedules.

Nothing weird, they just cut out the bits where nothing is happening. If they are on a live delay, all they have to do is press fast forward every now and again.

I connected up the HDR just to check some of this stuff but not very successful..

I couldn't find a HTML5 4OD URL but apparently that's what the apple devices use.. Maybe someone with a jail broken apple device can check this..

I also tried TV3's attempt at a HTML5 player and while I'd better success with it I am still not happy. Their only HTML5 site seems to be for mobile devices: "http:www.tv3.ie/3player/mobile".

I can kind of navigate around the website and play the streams but it won't play full screen and navigation is not great.. Hopefully they convert the main website to HTML5 also and then the fun will begin...

Nothing weird, they just cut out the bits where nothing is happening. If they are on a live delay, all they have to do is press fast forward every now and again.

The weird bit was that the system time shown on the screen was 19:25 on Freeview when it was actually 19:30 real time so somehow they stopped / slowed down the Freeview screen time to accommodate. That was my preoccupation that Freeview times were out as the broadcaster went on a time warp to accommodate the boxing which also got displayed on the screen. Less pre occupied about how they managed to loose over 5 minutes but assumed they just sped the diving up.

Put you good people onto how we get the BBC music online events content as presented on the BBC iPlayer Radio app onto the Humax since the two Humax apps for News and Sport cover the two other bases.... and recording these.....

Don't know what you are talking about with regards to freeview system time. I think you are over thinking it. They wouldn't have done that. Period.

Not going to write a bbc music app, so don't start thinking that.

That little box said 17:25, bottom left on TV... I should have taken a picture of it just leaving five minutes adrift in real time. Since the BBC have parked their online music video streams on the iPlayer radio app Humax need to have an app for this. Shame Beeb didn't package it up as a video app rather than burying it in the iPlayer Radio app then more likely to have seen it on the Humax. Funny place to put online streaming video.

Will gratefully use anything produced.

Back