Custom Portal Missing

Dave_G

Morning, need some help!
Decided to update the Official Firmware to the 1.02.32 version. Worked fine, although it seemed to disabled the CFW. Not sure if this was expected, or my CFW was the older version, so I updated this afterwards (several reboots carried out first) and this worked too. webif functionality is restored, and the webif did force a reboot of the humax when asked. I assume this means the CFW MUST be running on the humax? Incidentally, is there a way of checking it is running? I get the message on the display sceen when I switch on...

However, I have no custom TV portal, only the original (unless the custom portal look has changed dramatically recently...

Any advice?

Dave

an update. I uninstalled portax-xtra1 package and reinstalled, and now it is working again. Not sure if thats a coincidence!

Dave

I'd guess that you didn't follow the upgrade procedure, in which case what you experienced is what I would expect.

http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Upgrade_Path

You should now run the fix-flash-packages diagnostic to fully restore the CFW.

If you get the banner on the front panel during boot, the the CFW is installed.

Decided to update the Official Firmware to the 1.02.32 version. Worked fine, although it seemed to disabled the CFW.
Of course, you over-wrote it with the standard firmware update! Loading a new standard firmware loses the CF until you then load the appropriate CF to go with the SF.

for some odd reason, I had it in my head that the official FW left the CFW untouched! don't know where I got that idea from, but I'll know better next time! Thanks folks

The software packages (on disk) are untouched, but dormant until the hooks get added back into the firmware (in solid-state memory).

Back