Customised Firmware 2.10 (for 1.02.27)

af123

Administrator
Staff member
I've uploaded customised firmware 2.10 which installs on top of 1.02.27. Note that 1.02.27 is still a beta release according to Humax although there is no reason to think it won't be broadcast OTA in due course, and at least one box has been shipped from Humax running 1.02.26.

WARNING: The 1.02.27 firmware from Humax appears to put up a dialogue when new channels are found that asks if you want to retune. It defaults to yes and if you don't press anything for a while then it proceeds with a retune automatically, wiping out your schedule in the process! See http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/has-1-02-27-taken-over.1499/

Here's what you need to do in order to upgrade from an earlier version of the firmware:
  • Run the prepare_for_upgrade diagnostic* (through the web interface, navigate to Diagnostics then type prepare_for_upgrade into the box that has general in it then click Run Diagnostic);
  • Install the official 1.02.27 firmware from http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freeview-hd-t2;
  • Boot the system fully (particularly important on the HD model to allow the new bootloader to be installed);
  • Install the custom firmware bundle from http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads
  • Reboot twice.
* - if you have already installed 1.02.27 without running the prepare_for_upgrade diagnostic then some packages may fail to work properly until they are re-installed (Webif->Diagnostics->Force Re-install). This includes at least redring, undelete and portal-xtra1.

Awesome, thanks! Newbie here having finally given up on my 3view PVR. I have a HDR-FOX-T2/1TB arriving in the morning and looking forward to customising.

I have just upgraded my first box.:) I like the extra "Cust FW 2.10" front panel message.;)

Sounds a bit stupid but how do we do 'prepare_for_upgrade diagnostic*;'
The easiest way is to use the web interface and go to the Diagnostics page then type prepare_for_upgrade into the Run Diagnostic box and click the button.

Alternatively, telnet to the box and just type diag prepare_for_upgrade

Cheers.

Seems to stick on 80% for a while. Flashed Official

Will flash Custom Now. Nice to know updates are still being delivered by Humax

Great, smashing , super! Ditto, I also like the little extra message on boot. A big thumbs up and 12 hours early!:D

If anyone is interested in the extra message on boot.. here are the sequences for HD & HDR - my HDR has gone green.

Classy. I see the HDR display has a little fit before the time comes up!
That's because mine's configured to always show the clock (through redring) so the channel name pops up briefly before being replaced.

Ran through all the steps but having trouble getting the custom portal to work..

When i try to uninstall/force reinstall of Xtra1 i get the following:
Code:
>>> opkg remove portal-xtra1

umount: can't umount /usr/browser/config-ocontroller-si-rootfs.txt: Invalid argument

Removing Custom Portal Directories

rmdir: '/mod/var/mongoose/html/portal/plugin/foscam': Directory not empty

rmdir: '/mod/var/mongoose/html/portal/Images': Directory not empty

rmdir: '/mod/var/mongoose/html/portal/index2.jim': Not a directory

rmdir: '/mod/var/mongoose/html/portal/js': Directory not empty

rmdir: '/mod/var/mongoose/html/portal/plugin': Directory not empty

rmdir: '/mod/var/mongoose/html/portal': Directory not empty

Done.

Yes, the portal-xtra1 script post/pre scripts aren't particularly robust. I'd remove those directories and their contents by hand (rm -rf) then reinstall.

Looks like I've got a deeper problem.. i cant uninstall anything.. and still cant get xtra1 to install..
Tried the remove all packages & settings option under diagnostics, but on installing the webif again, the installed list is still populated with all the previous packages..

How do i force it to start from scratch?

Back