Customised firmware update date on HDR-FOX T2

Richard Wright

This query may have been answered elsewhare on the forums, but knowing what to search for is difficult in this case.

Yesterday I downloaded the latest customised firmware - HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.02 - dated 03/02/2015 - & installed it on my HDR-FOX T2.
When checking the System Information page after the update I noticed that the Update Date field has the date 07/02/2014
I am puzzled as I would have thought that this date should reflect the release date of the version of customised firmware.
Can anyone please clarify why this is happening & whether there is a fix.

This query may have been answered elsewhare on the forums, but knowing what to search for is difficult in this case.

Yesterday I downloaded the latest customised firmware - HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.02 - dated 03/02/2015 - & installed it on my HDR-FOX T2.
When checking the System Information page after the update I noticed that the Update Date field has the date 07/02/2014
I am puzzled as I would have thought that this date should reflect the release date of the version of customised firmware.
Can anyone please clarify why this is happening & whether there is a fix.

Me too - so I left it...
Perhaps this thread would be better placed in the customized software forum - (next one down on the list)

Hurry, hurry for tomorrow we die .......

The date refers to when the official firmware (1.03.12) was created by Humax. I presume this is the case: with any software release from them, this date is always a few months earlier than when it is actually released to the public. The custom firmware augments the official, adding functionality, but the core application is unchanged. The latest available is 1.03.12/ CFW 3.02.

The system information page on the standard Humax menu shows you nothing at all about the custom firmware. For that, look at the bottom right of the web browser home page at your Humax's IP address (what we call the Web Interface).

The info on the WebIF tells you the version and build of the custom firmware you have installed, along with details of the standard firmware. It does not specify a release date; for that you will have to check the forum for when that particular version was announced.

Thank you all for the quick replies - very useful info. Now I understand a little more of the weird & wonderful world of Humax & its customised firmware.

It's not that weird - just remember that the custom firmware does not interfere with the functioning of the standard firmware (with minor exceptions) or what you see on the TV screen and you should be well away.

Back