Customised Firmware Version 1.14 Released.

Yes, the default in the startup environment doesn't contain the busybox stuff. I often explicitly set the executable and library paths at the top of my startup scripts. That's fine as along as you indicate the dependencies. Have a look at the first few lines of S01mongoose

I've just uploaded version 1.14 of the customised firmware.

xyz321 and I have been working on improving the support for installing packages via USB for people who can't connect their boxes to the Internet. Between us we have eliminated the problem that people have experienced with needing to install packages using multiple passes and in the right order to satisfy dependencies; a tortuous and error prone process with large packages like the web interface. See the Wiki page at http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Manually_loading_Features_from_USB for more details.

This new version also includes some bug fixes including properly creating a valid hosts file for devices using wireless.

--> http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads
How do I check which version of the Modified Firmware is on my box at the moment I think its 1.02.20 mod 1.13
but even after reading above posts I'm lost I have loaded Auto update but packeage list update does not seem to quote sorry if I seem a bit thick today having a Senior moment

How do I check which version of the Modified Firmware is on my box at the moment I think its 1.02.20 mod 1.13
but even after reading above posts I'm lost I have loaded Auto update but packeage list update does not seem to quote sorry if I seem a bit thick today having a Senior moment
If you have the Web Interface installed, the Custom firmware version number is displayed in the bottom right corner of the webif home screen.

Custom firmware version: 1.14​

If you have the Web Interface installed, the Custom firmware version number is displayed in the bottom right corner of the webif home screen.
Custom firmware version: 1.14​
I knew it was me I havent scrolled the page down that far before. I am on 1.13 Firmware. the Firmware download page states Quote : For example customised firmware HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.20_mod_1.14_upgrade.hdf must only be installed over original firmware version 1.02.20 is this literal, ie reinstall Origional software 1-0-20 then flash with 1-14 or do I just flash 1-14 over the 1.13. thanks for your help with this brilliant software but its been a long learning curve :confused:

I knew it was me I havent scrolled the page down that far before. I am on 1.13 Firmware. the Firmware download page states Quote : For example customised firmware HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.20_mod_1.14_upgrade.hdf must only be installed over original firmware version 1.02.20 is this literal, ie reinstall Origional software 1-0-20 then flash with 1-14 or do I just flash 1-14 over the 1.13. thanks for your help with this brilliant software but its been a long learning curve :confused:
You can just flash 1.14 over 1.13.:)

Back