Database modding?

matbl

Has anyone tried modding the databases to accomplish certain things?
I see one field named "DIGITAL_CONTENT_PROTECTION" for example...

Resorting the channels by editing the logical channel number?

Can anyone dump the setup.db from a hdr-fox t2?

For anyone wanting to look at the databases and edit them, have a look at the SQLite Manager addon for firefox...

As far as I know, that is indeed how we bypass the interlock on streaming HiDef, and thereby achieve decryption on-the-box.

It's on its way, but there's no row in the setup database with that title and a quick grep in the other database files doesn't show anything either :(

Thanks Sam. I really appreciate it. :)
Do you have a HD or HDR box?

Edit: And what row title are you refering to?

You got my HDR setup file, but you can have the one from my HD as well if you want, but it'll be later this evening now.

I was referring to the field you mentioned above - there is no row in tbl_menuconfig where itemName is "DIGITAL_CONTENT_PROTECTION".

There are a few fields of interest in there but I haven't had any time to play with them and I haven't seen anyone else post anything.

The web interface package includes a simple database browser that was contributed by csudcy which makes it easy to see what's in there - it doesn't unpack fields like IP address/wireless key etc.

OPERATOR_TYPE looks interesting, it is set to 11 for everyone as far as I know.
LCD_DIMMING_FLAG was another I meant to play with.

You got my HDR setup file, but you can have the one from my HD as well if you want, but it'll be later this evening now.

I was referring to the field you mentioned above - there is no row in tbl_menuconfig where itemName is "DIGITAL_CONTENT_PROTECTION".
No, don't bother with the HD. It was the HDR data I was looking for.

Hmm... Wonder what it does then... It is in my swedish version of the HDR. I'll have to try...
Just a thought. Is it in the HD?

No, don't bother with the HD. It was the HDR data I was looking for.

Hmm... Wonder what it does then... It is in my swedish version of the HDR. I'll have to try...
Just a thought. Is it in the HD?

Sorry, it's not in the HD either.

First test and result: Moved a channel in the channel database to a new number. Worked perfectly... :)
Channel rearranging is a big thing here in sweden since for some reason the main channels 1-5 in HD are on logical numbers 61-65...

Good stuff. It works here too (because all of the foreign keys used in the databases are an internal service ID, not the LCN.)

Our HD services are not yet completely regionalised which is why most people don't seem interested in moving them to their prime positions.

NB: moving them here would break RS integration for those who use it.

Is the service ID being used as key true for future recording bookings and series recording bookings as well?

I wonder what would happen if FACTORY in TBL_FACTORYCONFIG would be set to 1?
I don't dare to try here since there is no way for me to reflash or telnet or anyting.
Anyone with an HDR that are willing to risk a reflash that can try and see what happens? (I take no responsibility whatsoever)

Back