DEC Flag set but recording still encrypted

I did suggest a mod. to sidecar to generate a dummy .hmt file if the .ts file is found to be encrypted, just to allow decryption to occur, but it hasn't apparently found favour with the developer...
Or maybe just hasn't come to the top of the to-do list.

The foxsat HDR, btw, is in big-endian mode.
That strikes me as extraordinary, unless the Foxsat and HDR-FOX were developed more-or-less independently.

I did suggest a mod. to sidecar to generate a dummy .hmt file if the .ts file is found to be encrypted, just to allow decryption to occur, but it hasn't apparently found favour with the developer...
Did you mean this ?
I'd have thought it should be easy for sidecar to create a dummy .hmt file if it detects an encrypted recording (rather than issuing an error message), with the proviso that this is just to allow decryption and that once done you would have to run it again to recreate the files properly.
Seems more like a statement than a suggestion to me. :rolleyes:

So, do you think it's a good idea worth implementing?
Seeing as you're asking, then yes, I do. Thanks for the 'statement of a suggestion'.;)
I'll make the necessary changes and roll out an update when I can.

Last edited:
That strikes me as extraordinary, unless the Foxsat and HDR-FOX were developed more-or-less independently.
Why's that ? I think you'll find that you don't get to choose the endianness of the CPU that's embedded in in the SOC's (System On a Chip) built by Broadcom.

Last edited:
AF's post implied (to me) that it is selectable, and different between the Foxsat and the HDR-FOX. Sorry if I made five.

If it is frozen in Broadcom's implementation, why would they choose different settings?

I tend to use Telnet (Mocha Telnet Lite) on my Nexus 7 tablet and even with Hacker's keyboard installed to get a tab key I haven't found a way of getting it to autocomplete filenames.
Just one of many reasons to hate tablets. Sure they have some uses, but for a real job, use a real computer. Life is a lot less frustrating.

AF's post implied (to me) that it is selectable, and different between the Foxsat and the HDR-FOX. Sorry if I made five.

If it is frozen in Broadcom's implementation, why would they choose different settings?
I believe there are some Broadcom SOC's with mips cpu's where the endianness is selectable but I don't think the Foxsat (BCM7401) or the T2 (not sure of the chip ID for this) are in this group. As to why they use one or the other, I really don't know.

Back