Decrypt HD Recordings

To be fair, BH's pages are a superb resource, which I often recommend as a first step. They have the advantage over a wiki of providing a simple-to-follow path for the beginner.

BH, you seem to have a fan. As it happens, I have found Things every and the Wiki useful in the past.

I'm not bothered; it's the usual suspects giving the flak. Crazyfeet obviously didn't follow the flow chart perfectly well - and it only illustrates the process, not define it.

I posted my link in #11 because Crazyfeet was still asking for help in #8, you do-not have exclusive control of this web site. If the OP chooses not to use your post in #3, it is up to him. I made no comment about your 'Things ... ', so keep your childish mud slinging to yourself

@Ezra the text above the flowchart says "The DEC flag must be present" ... "Crop,Split etc".
If you are talking about magic folders, then I don't think that this is true; you need no "Enc", but don't need "Dec"
I run Auto-Unprotect, but I do not use any form of Decrypt, unther than copying to a virtual drive.
I have used the rs portal to check my drive and can see a couple of HD recording that I cut last night; they have neither flag.

Crop and Split are at the end of a list i.e :-
  • The DEC flag must be present if the Files are to be copied off the Humax via FTP, It is also required for other Custom Firmware functions such as :- Extract Audio, Extract to MPG, Crop, Split etc.
I can remove them if the forum agrees they shouldn't be in the list.

Crop and Split are at the end of a list i.e :-
hence my use of "..." to save quoting the entire sentence.

But, by all means wait for confirmation... or just try it.
Can anyone confirm whether Dec is required for any of the other Custome Firmware funtions listed?

Back