Decrypted HD recordings won't play in VLC?

probedb

I finally got around to updating to the latest customised firmware today.

I copied 6 recordings to a virtual drive using the Opt+ option on my remote. These all show as decrypted in the web interface. However after downloading them , only two will play?

I can see all the streams in all of them, along with the duration but 4/6 won't play?

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Paul.

OP
P

probedb

Yeah, all of them, I mentioned in the subject :)

VLC sees everything, I did notice however that when looking at the codecs in VLC, the two that play have the video/audio streams first whereas the others list all the EPG info first. Should I just try them in something like VideoReDo or is it possible to strip the EPG data from the ts file?

Cheers!
Paul.

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Sorry, I thought you meant HD-FOX, which is why I always refer to HiDef (see Glossary). Your work flow of OPT+ copy decryption to virtual drive is typical for HD-FOX, but unusual for HDR-FOX (there are easier ways).

I have not heard of a problem like this before, are you sure the relevant HiDefs were Foxied/Auto-unprotected before the decrypt copy? I suspect it is only the EPG stream that is not encrypted, hence all VLC can see. Are you using the latest VLC?

OP
P

probedb

No problem and thanks for the reply.

Yep, on all counts. I tried copying to an external drive via Opt+ on the remote but it wouldn't allow it. I downloaded through the web interface via Opt but it didn't decrypt the recording so I couldn't see any other way to do it :/

I've probably missed something as I don't use this feature much :)

Black Hole

So this is a HDR-FOX then?

What icons are next to the delinquent recordings when listed in the WebIF?

OP
P

probedb

Yep, sorry, I've not really specified anything well enough! It's too early :)

I'm at work at the mo, but off the top of my head it has the HD, Decrypted, Opt+ for them all.

Black Hole

I think this probably boils down to finger trouble. Copy to external drive will not be offered if the navigation point is inside a folder (even the root folder) - you have to be resting on the drive label itself or a folder named within it.

Apart from that, review your decryption procedure and try it again (on fresh material). See HERE (click) or the Wiki HERE (click).

OP
P

probedb

Cheers, I'll give it another go when I get home.

I'll try and find something to remove all the EPG etc streams from the ts files as well to see if that's causing the issue.

OP
P

probedb

Yes, 2.0.5 which is the latest. Some recordings still don't play. However I can edit them which is what's important. They'll never be played on a PC.