Decryption failure help please.

Hi.

For the first time in years I have need to copy a recording off my HDR Fox T2 for use on other devices. Its an HD broadcast file but auto-unprotect has always always removed the Enc flag for me. Today at first I simply downloaded the file (via opt+ from web-if) and it wouldn't play and then I remembered I used to decrypt the files on the Hummy to make this work. So I started decryption manually via Web-if (via opt+) but this fails every time. It is reaching 48% on the meter then jumps to 100% and doesn't complete the process. No processing report comes up and though the "original" folder is created it stays empty. The web-if Browse menu then reports the file as "in use" for a while before this clears and there is no Dec flag on the file. I have tried this several times with the same result.

I've tried decryption on other files in the same way and they work fine. The only difference between the files being size. The one that is failing is large at 2hr40min where the ones that succeed have been one hour shows.

Anyone any suggestions what I can do?

Additional information. I have just found a similar sized file (6-6.5GB) and tried to decrypt that. That has also failed. Does decryption have issues on larger files?

Happy to say I've solved this. For anyone running into this the answer is in the thread below and in brief is to queue your decrypts and not run them manually via opt+.

The timeout on the while-you-wait decrypt was increased a few months ago.
Of course, I expect your software is all out of date, but you didn't bother to tell anybody what versions of anything you were actually running...

Today at first I simply downloaded the file (via opt+ from web-if) and it wouldn't play and then I remembered I used to decrypt the files on the Hummy to make this work.
WebIF download should decrypt on the fly, if you have Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = ON.

Last edited:
Back