Decryption of .ts on pc

Cavancullen

New to the forum and Humax. Have a 5000t that I recently purchased. Have copied the files of recordings via ftp. Does anyone have a guide on decryption of the .ts files so that they can then be converted so I can put them on my Plex server?

Thanks

Cavan

We know how the MAC and serial number are combined for the aforementioned T2 models. We are not even certain the encryption is of the same type in later models. I suspect it is, but many wiser people than me are not sure. For a 2000T I couldn't find a combination of serial number and MAC that works. I haven't even bothered with the 5000T. StdDef recordings can be saved to an external USB drive. They can also be streamed to another device.

There is no custom firmware for the 5000T

Is there custom firmware for the 5000?
From my Quick Guide to Custom Firmware:
Custom Firmware only applies to HDR-FOX T2 and HD-FOX T2. There is a separate development for FOXSAT-HDR (see https://hummy.tv/forum/forums/foxsat-hdr-customised-firmware.38/).

Sure a thread about Mac and serial number or something and thought someone would know how?
It doesn't matter how many times you ask, the answer is still no. If you want to do the things you're talking about, you need a unit where the security wasn't implemented very well, before they realised what enthusiasts could do when we put our minds to it.
On the T2 models only. Nothing else.
...by which he means Humax HDR-FOX T2 and Humax HD-FOX T2.

Back